Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

where can i get diodes for a decent price?

If you're looking for the PHR-803T, scroll down farther in this section till you get to the ad PHR-803T sleds-Ships Now by DAEDAL. His store is at Daedallasers.com Hope this helps you out, phoenix77/rob :cool: P.S. STONETEK ELECTRONICS has high powered 808nm diodes, you'll find his ad at the top of this section

Red, you can also go for the "open can" diodes from user themonk, or wait until the next groupbuy for them sometime in the near future.

And like others said, green laser diodes don't exist yet.

Chad

pullbangdead said:

*cough*

No, they do. They're just the most inefficient pieces of crap you've ever seen. <1mW, huge power consumption, and more heat than you'd believe. They're also extremely rare. Mostly just experimental ones. Nichea is manufacturing higher powered 473 and 488nm diodes, and they said green is next on the list.

Chad said:
[quote author=pullbangdead link=1219295048/0#6 date=1219333509]

*cough*

No, they do. They're just the most inefficient pieces of crap you've ever seen. <1mW, huge power consumption, and more heat than you'd believe. They're also extremely rare. Mostly just experimental ones. Nichea is manufacturing higher powered 473 and 488nm diodes, and they said green is next on the list.
[/quote]

No, green laser diodes don't exist yet.  Green is *next*, but if anyone has ever made one, it hasn't been published, and when people make the first in the world of something, they generally do 2 things very quickly afterwards: patent it, and publish it.  If you can find a published green laser diode, I'd very interested in seeing it.  Lots of people are working on it, but no one has succeeded yet, at least not that has been published in any way.

As a person who is currently involved in researching and trying to make the first green laser diodes, I'd be very interested in seeing anything you have that says green laser diodes have been made.  Of course, Nichia *may* have working prototypes of green laser diodes that they haven't publicized at all, (and the research group I'm in does not exactly get along very well with Nichia, so they wouldn't tell us directly), but I highly doubt that they would have made the first ones in the world and not patented them in some meaningful way.

Edit to add: Also, looking at Nichia's website, they only have engineering samples up to 473+/-5nm, I don't see any 488 samples being offered.

tht1guyuknow said:
well how does one make a green laser?

Put very simply, there is an IR diode that is shone through crystals. The crystals change the wavelength in to green.

Murudai said:
[quote author=tht1guyuknow link=1219295048/0#9 date=1219464190]well how does one make a green laser?

Put very simply, there is an IR diode that is shone through crystals. The crystals change the wavelength in to green. [/quote]

In other words, you don't.

taco you can make diy greens its just a LOT harder than any other laser and not worth most ppls time. ;)