Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What's your favorite Pokemon?

300px-Shell_Smash_2.png

I figured this thread was started after Go came out. I'm not sure which is my favorite as I mainly go into it when Go came out. I'd probably pick Pikachu only because I have one of these. Cyndaquil would be my other choice.

24446_23396_23392_23414Alt1x.jpg

I'm old school Pokemon, so I don't know any of the ones after 251.

Probably for me my favourite is Mewtwo, although the tables were turned in gen2 where "dark" types meant you could no longer hide a crap squad behind a level 100 Mewtwo.

When I was a kid I didn't have any strategical sense and so I just went for raw power. It actually served me well and of all the link battles I had I think there were only 2 kids that I consistently couldn't beat - one had a Zapdos that knew Flash (and that was that, as they say) and the other had a very well balanced squad and a freakishly strong Mewtwo. I think the only reason I won so many battles is my own Mewtwo packed punch and I had a trump card - it knew Selfdestruct! So whenever it got weak, instead of using Recover I just binned it and the enemy Pokemon, in one go! I knew someone who had a Snorlax with Ice Beam and an uncanny knack of freezing the Pokemon, which in Gen1 was a stalemate (is it still?). He boasted about this one day prior to a link battle but little did he know I had a little secret that would be his undoing - a burnt berry! Ah, memories.

Nowadays I favour strategy and moves like Sunny Day/Solarbeam, Rain Dance/Thunder (or Zap Cannon), Mind Reader/Dynamicpunch and so forth. Gen 2 is my favourite and I still play it sometimes on a GBA emulator. I'm 26 years old :D

Last edited:
Hi SnowUO - Just saw that this and one about hair-dye were your first two posts - It's good etiquette here to post an introduction in the Welcome subforum, with your rough Location in the title, along with some stuff about yourself and your interests. What got you interested in lasers etc?

If you've not already - have a good read of the Sticky threads, there's some excellent information summarised there to guide you into finding out stuff that's commonly asked. If you can't find what you're looking for - go ahead and start threads to ask questions etc.

One thing to note - I know they're off-topic posts so it's slightly less of a deal - but try and avoid posting on really old inactive threads. Avoiding this helps keep active threads on top of the list so that people with more recent questions can get answers for them :)

Formalities aside :) Now go and post your welcome thread :)