Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

whats the brightest farthest 1watt green laser pointer to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjfrost

Hi guys I'm searching for the brightest and farthest green beam laser I can find I'm wondering if any of you have tried the
Samwu 520nm 1watt STRIKER SERIES
with the x3 beam expander
or The 525nm <is it worth the extra 90$>
if you know of a better hand held laser please let me know I live in the mountains and I want the brightest easiest and most reliable one I live in California USA so wicked lasers dossent ship here anymore I had the arctic before loved it but realized green is the way to go for showing off at distance any tips you guys got I'm all ears thanks...

Durge

Hi Tjfrost,
We ask that all new members make a post in the welcome thread introducing themselves. Also, in the top right corner of the webpage is a search function. Surely other members have reviewed the Sanwu laser which you are referring to. Also, we usually don't quantify a laser with terms such as brightness and farness. Unlike an average flashlight, lasers aren't measured in lumens because their purpose usually isn't the same. Also, farness is variable, contingent upon the weather conditions. If you're interested, there's a forum post which links to a website which compares the perceived brightness based on wavelength and output power. You can use the website to compare these variables, for example, how bright a 1w red is compared to a 1w green. Try the search function to find that post, as I don't have it on hand.

Hi guys I'm searching for the brightest and farthest green beam laser I can find
What application do you have in mind? Any decent green pointer goes all the way to the horizon or into space on a clear day. 100mw should be enough to light up a cloud above you. If it‘s the beam that should be seen from far apart, then clear mountain air in winter for instance is no good medium to show a bright beam at all and misty weather will show a great beam but only until it is swallowed by the mist. The beam is best seen, looking along it either from behind or from the front. Using the Laser as a light pillar that can be seen from a far distance or a rescue plane would probably require more than 1W and misty or dusty conditions.

Do you want to light up something from a distance?

525 nm would in theory get you a tad more visibility compared with 520 nm when the power is exactly the same. I doubt you could see a different in brightness, even compared side by side.

Nexgen

Sanwu Lasers are great choice. I personally have had 4 sanwu lasers in total. Their customer service is on high level. Hosts are beautiful. I’d go for 1W 525nm, cheaper more visible. Be sure to have appropriate safety glasses for this.
One more con is that they can be modified without destroying them. E.g. diode replacement.

There are some 532nm pointers in high powers, but they are very expensive. So, I would say the 520nm 1 watt lasers are the brightest for the money. If you are going to buy a Sanwu, get the 3.3X beam expander with it. It will help with the divergence for long distances better than the laser alone. I just finished building an 1100 mW 520nm laser in a sinner MS-SSW-II host. The diode I won on auction on eBay for $84.00, the driver was a CG adjustable X-Drive set to 2 amps and cost me $30.00 about three years ago. The host is a classic and I believe I paid ~$85.00 for it several years ago. This is just to give you an idea of what it might cost you to build one of your own.

When viewing the 1w directs ( NDG7475, NUGM01, NUGM02, NUGM03, MISC 525 1w )

525nm looks like green with a hint of yellow where 520nm is green with a hint of blue if compared side by side, I like the 520nm better myself although the 525nm may be slightly brighter in theory it's not all that noticeable as per brightness, more the tint that stands out.

Both are very cool and bright so wear those laser safety glasses to protect your eyes when working up close and beware of reflections.

Last edited:

Tjfrost

wow guys thanks for all the support you guys rock I'm looking up everything you all told me in your posts and I'll be sure to go to intro page and that 1100w green laser build sounds bad ass I'm a electrician for custom homes and I can't solder if my life depended on it so I'll just buy mine but I did do somthing fun before I owned some street bikes I custom built and on my yamaha R1 i mounted 2 hidden UV 5mw lasers at my back wheel aimed at the rim then I sprayed glow in the dark paint on the rim and when my wheel starts turning it would glow my rim then as I stop it would go away at the street light and then when I go it looks like my rim is being sprayed by glowing liquid it looked bad ass people diddent know what it was lol

wow guys thanks for all the support you guys rock I'm looking up everything you all told me in your posts and I'll be sure to go to intro page and that 1100w green laser build sounds bad ass I'm a electrician for custom homes and I can't solder if my life depended on it so I'll just buy mine but I did do somthing fun before I owned some street bikes I custom built and on my yamaha R1 i mounted 2 hidden UV 5mw lasers at my back wheel aimed at the rim then I sprayed glow in the dark paint on the rim and when my wheel starts turning it would glow my rim then as I stop it would go away at the street light and then when I go it looks like my rim is being sprayed by glowing liquid it looked bad ass people diddent know what it was lol

Punctuation please. I stopped reading your difficult to read post. And spell check. There's no "diddent". That word is spelt "didn't" or "did not" if you prefer. Know that we have members whose 1st language is not English.

Last edited:
"Punctuation please. I stopped reading your difficult to read post. And spell check. There's no "diddent". That word is spelt "didn't" or "did not" if you prefer. Know that we have members whose 1st language is not English. "

I think you are wasting your time Steve -he seems to not be reading what he posts--nor is he taking seriously any advice from us.

hard to say exactly what bothers me the most..

BUT that avatar is near the top... whats up w/ the shaved eye brows/head? Why does he think getting a few 'greets' makes him part of our/your family??.. I just cannot see him ever fitting in here.

He cannot find the search, I am thinking.

He wants to be spoon-fed and treated like a baby.

And in spite of advice given he shows no respect.

I have PMed him with help long ago.. 'advice ignored'

That avatar belongs on Twitter or 'Tinder'... creeps me out!

He could be the poster boy for 'Person who should never have access to laser.'

ESPECIALLY a '1w green pointer' ...surprised that he has not (yet) used the term 'greenie'

Greenies are 'treats' you give your dog to help with that awful doggie breath.

I opened his avatar in MS Paint and added some improvements to his look.

It is posted in the Vet section ATM.

dont want him to go away mad..... just go away..

I have to agree with both steve and len. This is not Facebook. I think you may have mistaken this place for that one.

Guess it is too late to ignore & derail..
Shunning him would be one solution.

MMMMMMMMM

BTW... anyone betting the Astros will not repeat?? they are a blast to watch and cheap ($75) playoff tickets can be found if you do not wait.

So sad about lost lives in the hurricane.. that wind was wicked!!

So true. A laser over 5mW is going to probably be a concern here unfortunately. :cautious:
So sad to see the destruction that happened in the Florida panhandle area. It just doesn't seem possible.

Tjfrost

Wow guys I'm not sure what I did so horable this is my first forum ever joining and you guys are frreking out over what? look at what you guys are saying I was totally cool with everyone and then this hakzaw1 sounds like a serial killer or something relax dude what's your problem I didn't see your message so I'm "shunned" get a life brother I might not spell good but I own a company making 400-500k a year got a family and a hot ass wife and more important things to do than wait for some weirdo to message me before he starts crying because he's to scared to show his ugly face online

Durge

Wow guys I'm not sure what I did so horable this is my first forum ever joining and you guys are frreking out over what? look at what you guys are saying I was totally cool with everyone and then this hakzaw1 sounds like a serial killer or something relax dude what's your problem I didn't see your message so I'm "shunned" get a life brother I might not spell good but I own a company making 400-500k a year got a family and a hot ass wife and more important things to do than wait for some weirdo to message me before he starts crying because he's to scared to show his ugly face online
Maybe you should sue the guy for defamation? He's really scared to sell a laser pointer for legal reasons, but not to take your profile picture and modify it, then reupload it.

Status
Not open for further replies.