Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What would you like to see in Swimmin's shop?

What should be added to the shop?

• Overspec blu-ray pens - ~$18ish most likely

Votes: 46 47.4%
  • "Sexy" overspec greens (e.g. Viper-ish by DL host) - ~$35ish

Votes: 46 47.4%
  • 5-in-1 Green Star-cap Pen - ~$16ish

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters
Blu rays are blu rays ahahaha 405s. They're pretty cool! Hmm a 5mW 445nm that's not a bad idea if it is actually possible :p

Well I was wondering, because it was my understanding that both 405nm and 445nm have both been referred to as "Blu ray".... And I also thought 445 was blue, while 405 was almost purple, and pretty hard to see. Me personally, I like the blue lasers.

Whatever wavelength they are, if it is a blue beam (not purple-ish).... I am interested!

haha
not to mention the cost of a fully functional 1.2W diode being only driven at 25mw :p

Everytime I get a rental car, I beat the crap out of it. I got pulled over once in a rental, the cop looks at me with a deadpan face and asks "Why does your car smell like it's burning?"

Me, with equally deadpan face "Must be something wrong with it, it's a rental.":eg:

I did get a speeding ticket for going more than double over the limit:eek:

(Good thing I slowed down at least somewhat before he clocked me on radar, otherwise it would have been more than three times as fast:tinfoil:)

Edit: Moral of the story, have powerful diode, will use:)

Last edited:

jaybob

What kind of mw output are we talking about on the blu-rays, because your gonna barely be able to see the beam at a low power :p and is there anyway for you to sell a cheap maybe 200-300mw 445? like without using a 1.2watt diode? because id definately be interested in one of those, as would many beggining laserists i think!

He already confirmed it is a 405nm which is a blue-purple color.... That's a good question jaybob. My guess is it will be like the over spec greenies he sells (40-70 mW).

Sadly it is harder to see 405nm, so it will not seem as bright as the green lasers.

well, you can do cool tricks with it!
like with glow in the dark board
and if you shine it on a white jacket or shirt, it gets twice as bright!

Yeah I would like an overspec green that is good looking like the black and gold, and a keychain green or keychain violet (possibly overspec).

I voted greens, but about 445nm is their not a single mode that would to about 70mw or is my brain foggy.

People always need safety glasses, why not carry some for different nm, it would be a good idea :thinking:

People always need safety glasses, why not carry some for different nm, it would be a good idea :thinking:

do what lol, I was talking about the talk in this thread about a140s low power, like, why if their is a single mode 445nm diode? it ok I just got some coffee in me and its early so I don't know if I was confusing, or confused.