Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What!! US customs and no laser >5mw!

Hydro, I think that these laws being "temporary" is just a rumor more than anything. I don't know who started it, or what authority they believe they have to give such an evaluation.

DX would no doubt want to save some business by telling users that they're only temporarily preventing their sales, much like they did with the knives and lighters, rather than alert people that they're actually selling lasers which are illegal in their country, and that the FDA will be confiscating their lasers at the border. Such notices would hurt business even if they "lifted" the ban. Furthermore, if this were just an "olympic" ban, it would apply to more countries than just the USA.

It's not an "Olympic ban" with DX, it's PayPal being a Nazi, the same thing is happening right here in the USA to companies that use PayPal and are selling >5mw Lasers.  Issues with other China companies that sell Lasers and are not using PayPal are a result of some "Olympic ban" depending on where the company is located in China; that will all go away first week of Sept, but NOT the PayPal issue.

The funny thing about this for example, is recently a ban of Lasers went into effect in Australia, yet PayPal allows DX to still ship high powered Lasers to that country, just shows you how "smart" PayPal really is.  When/IF DX looses too much business, they can "fix" this many different ways............I'll leave it at that.

I never said it was a ban. I just want to put it out there that MANY sites are being
shut down during the olympics. I also know that SOME electronic devices aren't going to be imported during this time. The truth is I don't really know whats going on right now. I think we should just wait and see exactly whats going on right now. ;)

--hydro15

It's not new laws. It's enforcement of old laws.

This happened to coincide with the Olympic games, during which many of the companies in China were shut down. This is the case of some companies, but that is NOT what this is with DX. DX is now being forced to follow the law in the US, which has been law for quite a long time.

pullbangdead said:
It's not new laws. It's enforcement of old laws.

This happened to coincide with the Olympic games, during which many of the companies in China were shut down. This is the case of some companies, but that is NOT what this is with DX. DX is now being forced to follow the law in the US, which has been law for quite a long time.

Well,I am glad the it will take more time and money for idiots to get lasers and do really stupid
things with them. Now they will have to actually learn more about lasers and they might not be so
inclined to act like dicks . ::) Anyways,dragonlasers will most probably go back to normal.

I think they should sue wickedlasers into next year. ;D Just my .02 dollars

--hydro15