Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What should I get for my first laser?

Tmack

Well I would say more than 5 mw . That laser pman tested was 40mw of it. So the other 100mw was 532. But he got a veeeery high powered one..lucky.. The violet will be all 405. That is a diode so the mw you get is ....... What you get!
The 405 are usually much more overspec then 532. If you were to actually get 5mw of405 you would barely see it.

SKeeZ

Yeah man , amazon sellers may not even know what a mw is much less know the actual power lol. I've seen 30,000 mw 532 diode laser for $116 :D. Ill take 190 of them please!

$22,040... pretty specific number. is that your net worth? lol

Tmack

It produces a splash around the dot but nothing behind the laser. Just use your best judgement . You'll be fine. Like you said point it away obviously.

Skeez haha. Yeah the rest of my worth is going to Other lasers

Last edited:
FIVE milliwatts??? That's severely dissapointing.

What about the same model but in 405 nm? It produces no infrared, soooo, All of the power is in the visible?

Dzarren here is a basic sum-up...

405nm: No IR, advertised price is it or more.
Ex: 405nm 5mW Laser
Either 5mW or over-spec

532nm: IR, people play on this. Most of it is IR.
Ex: 532nm 5mW Laser
Most of it is IR, if it's overspec then all that is IR

650nm: No IR, just whatever with these.
Ex: 650nm 5mW Laser
It's 5mW of 650nm:yh:

Did you get my friend request also?

JayC

I'm still waiting for the one I ordered from ebay to come, but in the meantime I found a place in my own city that sells lasers. You guys might have heard of them. Here's a link to their website: Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers. I couldn't find many reviews and I decided since I didn't have to worry about shipping, I would pick up one of their 5mw green laser pointers. It's called the "Anser". I've played around with it and it's really good so far! It has a good weight, the construction is precise and the beam is very visible at night even in the polluted air. Lol.

Last edited:

NO4H99

LG is an excellent company. They resell CNI products. Prices are a little steep, but if you can afford it, it doesn't get much better.

JayC

I'll definitely be purchasing from them again. The higher prices are weighed out by the fact that I get free shipping. Aka my two feet.

Last edited:

Tmack

Awesome jay. Laser glow is one of the big boys! Maybe you could buy for members and ship to them?!?!?!?!?!?! Would be a service I'd be willing to pay you for .

Arrange a laserglow group buy???????????

Last edited: