Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What should I get for my first laser?

Tmack

Lol that'll keep you busy for.........a bit lol....

So after they come , how long before you order some power???????

3-4.............hours lol jk

I know after I got my first eBay laser, I went right to dragonlasers to get a 1w spartan ,, then I got 3w mx900, then a3.4w Rick tent " then the dominator from Blord, then the ms ssw Lol I had no lasers as of August 1st, after my first one on August 5 th I went nuts!

Last edited:

Yeah! Free shipping on everything! I was talking to Tmack about how I also have some silicon rubber tailcaps coming in blue and green, so i can color code the ebays by their butt end.
I only got 2 infrared filters though, but Maybe I only really need one? Im going to install a filter on the stronger ebay one, "military", but im not so sure i need it for the "5mW" three pack green, and the extra 5mW I ordered

Also i got some extra rechargable cr123As

And a rOtring 600 mechanical pencil in black. Not that it's relevant.

Lol that'll keep you busy for.........a bit lol....

So after they come , how long before you order some power???????

3-4.............hours lol jk

I know after I got my first eBay laser, I went right to dragonlasers to get a 1w spartan ,, then I got 3w mx900, then a3.4w Rick tent " then the dominator from Blord, then the ms ssw Lol I had no lasers as of August 1st, after my first one on August 5 th I went nuts!

Congrats on reaching "Class 2" by the way T! :wave::wave::wave:

Tmack

I was a 2m before you came along lol. People started thinking the new guys were only out for rep and status, so I reset my account to prove otherwise. Had a good amount of rep too.

Holy crap!

I was browsing in craisglist and I saw a green laser listed at 10,000mW.
Saying in the ad it burns paper, matches, whatnot.
So i called him asking what the real output was, and he said he "thought" it was actually 1000. So down we go an order of magnitude.

He asked me if i wanted to meet him today for the laser, and I said it depends on the power, and I asked him to check it for me, not that i said anything about buying the laser at any point..

He just texted me back telling me the output is actually <50mW.

HAHAHA! how did we go from 10,000 to 1000 to FIFTY.

I was a 2m before you came along lol. People started thinking the new guys were only out for rep and status, so I reset my account to prove otherwise. Had a good amount of rep too.

I know, I had you're other account added as a contact :beer:

Tmack

It was worth it. There just numbers and rankings. They mean nothing about what kind of person you are. Many people with high status won't bother to help a new person. That's why it's just us three on this thread!

It was worth it. There just numbers and rankings. They mean nothing about what kind of person you are. Many people with high status won't bother to help a new person. That's why it's just us three on this thread!

Yep :) :shhh: Do you happen to have a Skype also?

Hey Tmack! I gotta question. If i were to place in infrared filter in the eBay laser, Would it still be able to burn stuff?

Or was it really only burning stuff because of the high Infrared output?

Thanks in advanced!

Tmack

Yeah man , amazon sellers may not even know what a mw is much less know the actual power lol. I've seen 30,000 mw 532 diode laser for $116 :D. Ill take 190 of them please!

Hey Tmack! I gotta question. If i were to place in infrared filter in the eBay laser, Would it still be able to burn stuff?

Or was it really only burning stuff because of the high Infrared output?

Thanks in advanced!

Sorry, can I answer too? :crackup:

Anyway, nope it will NOT BURN.

Most eBay lasers(532nm's) are IR, you get rid of that you're left with about 5mW of green."

Last edited:

Tmack

Yup ^

The high ir is the reason you will light matches or smoke black materials. Now when you get a high powered quality laser, it's a different story. But as for these eBay Jobies , ir is a high percent of the output.

Last edited:
FIVE milliwatts??? That's severely dissapointing.

What about the same model but in 405 nm? It produces no infrared, soooo, All of the power is in the visible?

If i decide not to install the filter, will i be safe with just the goggles?

Safe procedure of course, I mean, with the laser always pointing away, can i get any infrared coming my direction? does it possess the same vector EXACTLY as the green light? So im assuming there wouldnt be a huge halo of infrared coming out from the laser.

Im assuming the only infrared that is coming out, will BE IN THE DOT AS WELL? ooops