Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What Laser in the US

Hey guys im new to this forum. I have always loved playing with those cheap $2 lasers in school or whereever. But they broke after a week or two and the distance of the light was horrible. I havent played with one for over 3 years and somebody in my history class had one and now i want one.
I am looking for a good laser that can have good distance and light matches. I looked at some guides on this site but the lasers where not shipped to the US. So how am i supposed to get a good laser and where if they only let me buy <5 mw from most sites.

Thanx, this site is great and has loads of information. Smiley

laser_newb,

welcome to LPF. This is a great place to learn about DIY lasers. There is a wealth of information to be found here if you are willing to look for it.

The forum search function is adequate but limits you to only 25 results.
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?action=search

A member by the name of Randomlugia came up with a better way to search LPF using Google. Look here to find out how it is done.
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1235274502

If you really get stuck and can not find what you need, someone will usually point you in the right direction... but do youself a favor and be sure to do your homework first.

Good luck and have fun!
TW

for a red laser (better burning but less visible beam) visit www.olike.com and look at their 180-200mW red pointer, for green you could look there too but keep in mind you will need at least 120mW to light unsharpied matches consistantly ... They have excellent prices, quality, and customer service, so I would recommend them above all others if you are on a budget.

Try a blu-ray laser after having red the stickies of course. That was my first one, brought it to school once and showed it do some randome guys in the lockers and found ot really cool because of the color and of course the power. Take a look at the sticky called :"list of tutorials" There you'll find some step-by-step guides. And of course, if you need help, post in the help section, or PM me, I'll be happy to answer. Good sites for parts : Hightechdealz.com and modwerx.com

You guys know that the 'search' bar at the top of the page directly to the left of the CNI banner (not the forum search button) does the exact same thing, right? (the google search thingy) :cool: :cool: