Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What kind of rechargeable AAA for lasers?

I've done a little searching but was open to recommendations. a lot of people seem to prefer the sanyo rechargeable but they are a little pricey. are there any others that someone can recommend?
thanks!

I get mine at wal mart, NiMh a 4 pack is rather cheap.

Keep a few all charged up in your pocket, and your good to go.

Sanyo Eneloops are the only rechargables that will give you a full 1.5V, and in my opinion, are well worth the expense.

And they aren't that expensive, considering what you get and they are reusable for a very long time (9.50 for 4).

Last edited:
Sanyo Eneloops are the only rechargables that will give you a full 1.5V, and in my opinion, are well worth the expense.

And they aren't that expensive, considering what you get and they are reusable for a very long time (9.50 for 4).

Thanks!

I'm gonna use my 1.2v ones in my LED flashlights now, and get some of those:D

I've heard nothing but good things about the Eneloop.
I have used all the cheaper ones IE: Ultrafire, Trustfire and several different kinds of "unbranded" ones.
It makes you think, when a company does not put, (and probably doesn't want) their name on their product.:thinking:

I plan on buying some Eneloop's. ,but only when my present supply runs short.
I have as much $$ in batteries and chargers, as I do lasers.
It seems that way anyhow!:crackup:
I am so looking forward to Hydrogen or Nuclear power cells hitting the market.
Imagine, filling your "battery" with water, getting run times of >100 hours. No discharge between uses (even 10 years)
Then when it finally runs down, refill it W/H2O, within 5 minutes you are good to go again.
Batteries have always been the weakest link to portability, and also, power supply vs. demand. (performance of device)
Can you tell, I hate batteries, :gun:HATE,HATE.

OK, I feel better now:wave::thanks:

Last edited:
I have tested 5 types of AAA NiMH batteries with my Lacrosse charger, and I would say the most "bang for your buck" would be: DealExtreme: $5.54 Maxuss Ni-MH AAA 1.2V 1250mAh Batteries (4-Pack)
I tested them at 650,697,712, and 755 mAh over 4 test cycles, GROSSLY overrated by manufacturer, but still a good deal IMO.

For slightly more money you can get: DealExtreme: $8.39 Gsyuasa Enitime Pre-Charged 750mAh 1.2V Rechargeable NiMH AAA Batteries (4-Pack)
These are actually rated correctly, and I find them to be significantly more reliable than the previous ones. In 8 test cycles all 4 resulted in >720mAh.
These also feature the LSD (Low Self-Discharge) technology similar to Eneloops; depending on how much you believe the manufacturers claims, LSD can increase total capacity, double number of possible charge/discharges, and significantly reduce the the amount a battery discharges whilst not in use.

There are MANY more expensive options not on DX, in my experience pretty much all AAAs from respectable manufacturers will give you adequate performance.

Last edited:

DJNY

Attachments

• charger.JPG
    charger.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

DJNY

Where can I find this 1,5v rechargeable AAA batteries? Or are there no Chinese sellers selling them?

D

Deleted member 8382

eneloops? go any electronics shop or something like that, it's easy to find them on Supermarkets etc

But if it comes to this, you might as well spend $9.40 for a pack of Eneloops, and have a reliable company.
Enitimes are made by GS Yuasa, they are a reliable battery company...most of their batteries are made in Japan and are IMO of comparable quality to Eneloops. They both use the same Low Self-Discharge technology.

DJNY

eneloops? go any electronics shop or something like that, it's easy to find them on Supermarkets etc

I saw them on Amazon and at some electronic shops, but they have 1,2v not 1,5v as randomlugia told before.

D

Deleted member 8382

yup, all ni-mhs are 1.2V nominal voltage, that can't be changed in any way!

yup, all ni-mhs are 1.2V nominal voltage, that can't be changed in any way!

Meh they are averaged at 1.2V, but fresh after a charge they are usually about at 1.3-1.4, it takes them a while to get all the way down to or below 1.2

Sorry, my mistake. I've never actually looked, but I thought I had read that before.