Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what kind of laser pointer would you suggest?

basically im pretty new to lasers and i had a less than 5mw green laser from radio shack and it was alright and had pretty good visibility at night but it just broke a couple weeks ago :/ so i was hoping if anyone had a few suggestions on what laser i should buy and where from?

id really enjoy a color other from red or green that has far and bright visibility

it doesnt need to burn holes or light stuff on fire (preferred if it didnt)

anything 100$ or under would be nice to start off with before i move up

anselm

Well hello an welcome to the forum!:wave:
If you like a beam that goes far and is visible, the green 532nm DPSS laser will be your best bet.
Even at relatively low powers like 30mw or 50mw, the beam is pretty impressive especially
at night or when there's particles in the air (steam, dust, smoke...).

If you want another color, might I suggest one of those 405nm BluRay pens off ebay,
they are being sold as 5mw, but in reality are all around 40~60mw.
It is a deeply violet color, close to the ultraviolet, and makes many materials shine bright
through fluorescence and it also charges up glow-in-the-dark material.

ty anselm

also, i live in the US (florida) so if theres any specific laser pointers from a certain site i could order i would appreciate some suggestions

anselm

Hmm, so dealextreme is kinda out of the question for you, they don't ship lasers >5mw to
the US anymore, thanks to the FDA and PayPal.
US members have been very happy with the quality/price ratio of this one ebay seller, itemquickship.
Feed that name, or "super beast green" to the search function, you can read alot
about them.

You could also look at o-like's website, you might have to wait for a few weeks for
the shipping from china, but people have been reporting consistent quailty for a decent price.

Ash

ty anselm

also, i live in the US (florida) so if theres any specific laser pointers from a certain site i could order i would appreciate some suggestions
This one should get to you in about 3-5 days:
Super #100 Green Laser Pointer 006 Signal W/CR123A USA - eBay (item 110628339799 end time Feb-23-11 11:44:25 PST)
or this one:
Deluxe #100 Green Laser Pointer 0006 Clicky Button - eBay (item 120679677796 end time Mar-03-11 22:02:55 PST)

If you don't mind waiting 2+ weeks, you could order from a trusted seller that has a warranty, and guarantees power output:
50mW 6 in1 green laser pointer [OLGL6-1] - $28.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products <-- that one is good, you should have fun with the star-caps
or:
www.rayfoss.com <-- waterproof (er, more like water resistant) is sometimes useful (warning don't take this one deeper than 15 feet in water, it will leak).

Hope this helps :evil:

I don't know a lot about lasers but after looking through a lot of threads I definitely will not order from WL lol

Arshus

Itemquickship is your best bet for value, and getting it in 3 days. Can't beat that combo.

-Sal