Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is your favorite laser color / wavelength?

Your favorite wavelength:

• Total voters

If I had an orange or yellow I would no doubt love it, but right now I am enjoying 486-490 and dam if 505 isn't a beautiful emerald green with a hint of blue-ish shift, I would love to have a watt or two of 505 in a nice tight low divergence beam......it makes me sad when I think about it because BadBoyBilly also loved the 505 but his government is shit and they can't have anything over 1mw, beware of what you take for granted folks.

Yellow or gold, after that 470 nm baby blue. What are you doing, bringing the forum alive to post about lasers?

Honestly it’s very hard to pick. I like 500.5nm, but i love 577nm and 612nm alot as well. I also have a fondness for the classic 694nm from ruby

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I can't choose a favorite. Every time I think of one color I think about the rest and I just can't get myself to favor one over the other

808 nm is a nice deep cherry red, but since it is IR, not considered in the visible spectrum, but you can still see it if enough power density.

Listing my favorites:

465-473 nm
488 nm
570-594 nm

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'd like to make a pink laser at some point. Maybe if we get a stimulus check I'll work on a laser.

Encap

I'd like to make a pink laser at some point. Maybe if we get a stimulus check I'll work on a laser.
LOL
I assume you are making a joke---you are right--pink has no wavelength.
There are no pink lasers--pink is not a "color"name for any monochromatic spectral wavelength of light.

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
LOL
There are no pink lasers--pink is not a "color"name for any monochromatic spectral wavelenght of light.
Huh? I never said it was it's own wavelength. What crawled up your rear end? You need to chill

Giannis_TDM

LOL
There are no pink lasers--pink is not a "color"name for any monochromatic spectral wavelenght of light.
Yea... Cmon now we both know he meant a R/B or R/V laser. I think even C/R would work even better in terms of getting the right color mix.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I liked 638nm with 405nm. I was going to go with that but I might as well just build an rgb laser so who knows. We might not even get that stimulus