Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is wrong with this laser?

And turning back the current on the driver.

How would I do this is the question I should have asked. I can test with some of my other lasers that I don't mind if they break. Have to learn somehow.

What would increased/decreased current acheive?

Gabe

How would I do this is the question I should have asked. I can test with some of my other lasers that I don't mind if they break. Have to learn somehow.

What would increased/decreased current acheive?

You can ask DTR to do so

Hi ,
Thats the way i set up my pen builds in the pic that a case negative build. Sorry i'm late just looked at the tread.Boost drive 1 battery The build pic tells the whole story case pin to V Neg V pos to contact spring. Wish he could have posted the pics sooner to eliminate all the fuss.
Well he should be happy now that he knows the problem It's so nice to see all you guys trying to help this guy out.Wow this is a great forum second to none. I know i was very late sorry....

Rich:)

Last edited:

Benm

For setting the current on a driver: It depends on which one is in there. Some have a potentiometer you can adjust, others have a fixed resistor that needs to be replaced to set a different current.

I'm quite sure DTR could to this for you while the unit is with him.

As for the case polarity: Diodes like the bdr209 are case-isolated devices so it doesnt really matter how you connect them. It is an issue with green DPSS lasers where the pump diode is often case-positive, but the newer visible spectrum laser diodes are virtually all case-isolated so they can be used with any host regardless of which way the batteries go in.

Sweet, DTR and myself are working something out then I will figure something else out with Gozert. You guys (and laserchick :p ) have been most helpful.

Gozert has yet to reply to my PM's sent over a week ago regarding a partial refund ($30) due to a bad diode that DTR fixed.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Gabe

Gozert has yet to reply to my PM's sent over a week ago regarding a partial refund ($30) due to a bad diode that DTR fixed.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Send another one? Sometimes PMs don't come through.

gozert

Sorry for coming back at you so late. I rarely visit the forum anymore other than talking to a couple members privately. Like I said in several previous PM's, until I know the exact reason for the diode failing, I won't do any refunds. I had it working for about half a year, and as soon as you got it it stopped working. I want to know the cause of this before I refund anything. I'm not saying it's your fault for it failing, but I'm not saying it isn't either. I just want to have clear info on what it is with the diode that caused failure, and then I will determine if I will send you a 30$ refund or not.

Once I get home I'll go through my PMs with DTR to recount what may have happened

DTR said:
Yep got it. Driver is fine diode is toast. If you want I can rebuild it for you for the cost of a bare diode which is $45 or $32 if you want to go with a S06J diode which does about 700mW compared to the 900mW of the BDR-209.:)

That was the only thing that was stated from DTR as far as what was wrong.