Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the wattage equivalent for 1W green laser to blue?

I am more interested in a bright, daytime-visible laser over the capacity to burn. I want to get the 3 or 4 watt blue laser (445nm) but am also contemplating a 520nm 1 watt green laser.

What should I purchase? I just want the most bright one.

Hi,
NDB7A75 diode with a driver set to 4A in a 25mm DTR copper module. End of story
Rich:)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I am more interested in a bright, daytime-visible laser over the capacity to burn. I want to get the 3 or 4 watt blue laser (445nm) but am also contemplating a 520nm 1 watt green laser.

Can you please provide us with your age? Be honest

Just get a 200 -300 mw 520nm. Awesome brightness, awesome beam visibility and awesome beam specs. Plus it won't burn everything it touches like a 6w blue would. It's like people don't realize how bright 300 me of green actually is. You don't need lasers above a watt for it to look impressive

gazer101

go green all the way, wayy better than blue
yellow would be even better, but green will do for now

Peter Zeboroff

Hi, Athough good answers have already been posted to your question,200-300mw 520nm is extremely bright even in daylight, while the 1 watt 520nm green is insanely bright and also considerably more of an eye hazard and there is really no reason to get a 1 watt green for general purpose visibility or pointing since 200-300mw green is easily seen in daylight and much brighter than the blue lasers

empyreus

Honestly, I feel like my 1w green 520nm is brighter than my 3w blue 445nm in the night sky, green is just so more vibrant.

Peter Zeboroff

Hi,If you do the brightness comparison,1 watt green is equal to about 13 watts of blue for basicly the same percieved brightness to our eyes but the blue at 13 watts will be substantially more energy, not to mention very dangerous to the eyes or anything the beam hits

kecked

555nm would be brightest in daylight. Most obtainable is 565/545 dpss. I have a 35 mw 575nm and you can see the beam in mid day sun and the dot from a good 300’ away. I suspect it was a high humidity day. It was summer. You don’t need a lot of power near the peak of human sight. What is brightest at night is different than the day.

Sowee7

555nm would be brightest in daylight. Most obtainable is 565/545 dpss. I have a 35 mw 575nm and you can see the beam in mid day sun and the dot from a good 300’ away. I suspect it was a high humidity day. It was summer. You don’t need a lot of power near the peak of human sight. What is brightest at night is different than the day.
My 18mw 555nm dpss is very similar, I can see the beam in daylight