Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what is the ray out

hello
i put fiter 532nm on xenon lamp and i openthe lamp isaw green light is thais laser out ??
qHc76509.png

IsaacT

Xenon lamps output a broad spectrum of light all the way from UV to Infrared, so it sounds to me like you are just blocking the other wavelengths....not the same as a laser, but you haz a purty lite nowz!!!! :D :p

Isaac

i think i got laser like ipl hair removal they put xenon lamp and filter like my thinking to hair removal

AUS

Nope, no way, it's just filtered flash lamp light.

Although, Of interest you CAN make a KTP crystal lase with a flash lamp according to Sam's site! They did it by exciting a green laser pointer using a cheap camera flash. Unfortunately the crystal can shatter if you put too much power in it though.

IsaacT

The first lasers was built using a ruby rod with a flash tube wound around it. The flash tube was able to excite the chromium atoms in the ruby rod and make it give off photons.

Last edited:
You good sir have created yourself a green flashlight and nothing more. Do some research into what a laser actually is and you will see why what you have is not a laser.

AUS

You good sir have created yourself a green flashlight and nothing more. Do some research into what a laser actually is and you will see why what you have is not a laser.

Well Said!

You made a 'FLED' (filtered light emitting device) not a LASER (light amplification by stimulated emmission of radiation) ;)