Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what is the cheapest 1w 520nm handheld?

hello to all.
i would consider to buy a nice 1w green laser. i only own a 270/300mw handheld and i just can't imagine how bright can be a 1w laser.

i noticed that on olike site it is aroung 600$. can i find it on a cheaper price?
and..... do you thing that within 6 months or 12 months will be a big price reduction of this new diode?

thanks for reading....

The diode from DTR is $499 so If you get a good host it will be close to 600 anyway. this thing puts off tons of heat so you'll need a big host. DTR also has a new diode on his site that is 700mW @ 520nm. he has yet to put up a testing thread. it is considerably cheaper at $345.

IsaacT

As for brightness. If your 270mW laser is a 520 as well a 1W 520 will be roughly twice as bright because when power quadruples brightness gets doubled.

I can tell from experience. I built a 1.2W 520nm laser. And it is super bright compared to a 200mW 520nm

As told above me it should be about twice as bright.

But a person can not really tell by how much exactly a laser is brighter than other.

I can tell you that my dog actually tried to bite the beam of it. He did not look at the dot at all. That is how bright it is.

$599 in my website if you want one shoot me a pm. Unlike Olike I use a bigger host and a copper heatsink.

:beer:

Last edited:
$599 in my website if you want one shoot me a pm. Unlike Olike I use a bigger host and a copper heatsink.

:beer:

What he meant to say was, unlike o-like, he sells reliable, well-constructed lasers with reliable parts, and good customer service (that you can actually understand) :)

Sci-fi lasers is you best bet i think! even if you spent a little more considering it will be 10x quality id say its worth it!
o-like seems to have gone downhill ..i dont think Sci-fi will ever have that issue ...

thank you for the into. however my 280mw green is a classic 532nm dpss.
is the 520nm brighter than 532? i'd love a 1w laser but at the moment the cost is too high for me.
maybe there will be a 1,5w 2w 520nm and at that point the 1w or 700mw 520nm will be cheaper.

at the moment, are there GOOD optics for this 520nm wavelenght? good divergence ecc......?

thank you for the into. however my 280mw green is a classic 532nm dpss.
is the 520nm brighter than 532? i'd love a 1w laser but at the moment the cost is too high for me.
maybe there will be a 1,5w 2w 520nm and at that point the 1w or 700mw 520nm will be cheaper.

at the moment, are there GOOD optics for this 520nm wavelenght? good divergence ecc......?

532 is brighter than 520 but not a whole lot, maybe 20% brighter?
520 is more stable and divergence may be better..
the most ove seen 520nm is 1.4w but more power prob exists
you can get a 3W blue for a few hundred $ but blue has worse divergence

Last edited:
If you want you can also buy from me. A tiny bit more money, whole lot more quality. Check out my LPF sale thread in my signature;)

The diode from DTR is $499 so If you get a good host it will be close to 600 anyway. this thing puts off tons of heat so you'll need a big host. DTR also has a new diode on his site that is 700mW @ 520nm. he has yet to put up a testing thread. it is considerably cheaper at $345.
Oh how come I found DTR had a new diode after stumbling on this thread! i always check his site!
i think another 520 will be my next build!

maybe i can sell to a personmy 532nm 280mw handleld.
if i recover money i think i get a w1 520nm.
but there is 1 problem. i cannot find a LITTLE HOST for this 1w laser. I sell my handeld just because i wanna play everytime with my laser but i cannot take it with me if it longer than ( about) 12/13 centimeters and diameter max 3cm.

if it is bigger i could not bring it everytime i want with me. so will be USELESS. i can also found a 1w big host sold at 200dollar (for example)but would be useles if i use it only 10 minutes in a year at home.

i love my 445nm laser 600mw because it uses a trustfire f25 host. with 1x14500 battery! it is really tiny at 10cm lenght and 2cm diameter.
i know diode can never touch 1w in this host but WOULD BE WONDERFULL TO HAVE A 500/600mw 520nm laser IN THE SAME HOST ( trustfire f25 is really nice, search on google images)
are there chances to find something similar?

maybe ask bloompyle (the member) if he still does pen builds. it's possible to put this diode (https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/ndg-700mw-520nm-laser-diode)

into a pen host, and either slightly underdrive it to get around 500mW with a g lens, or slightly overdrive it to get ~1W with a g lens, less with a 3 element. either way, it will have very short duty cycle.

I personally like powerful lasers to be in somewhat larger hosts. people are more likely to take them seriously, which they should. if it'll be in your pocket a lot, I'd for sure incorporate a dust protection measure of some sort or you'll get a real dirty dot real fast

of course i have the rubber round dust protection that you generally see on the custom flashlight sold here. and my 445nm lense is perfect.
OK to take seriously an high powered laser BUT......i am no a collectionist! i have to use lasers hust to play some seconds, see the beam effect, impress others.... and i never needed long duty cycle, for the things i do max time laser is on is 20/30 sec.

however NICE FOUND i did not know there is a LOW PRICED 530nm diode!! really near the 1w power but half price!! if i buy that module, do i need to press it in a BIGGER heatsink? i never made custom build... maybe it is better let do it by someone else.....not by me

Sta

If you like ,you can buy from our company.We are in China.

Your company doesn't seem to be particularly good, given that this is your first post and you have provided absolutely zero details about your company.