Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What Host is Going to Get Your Rocks Off?

Ok, so now that Khaleesi has sold, it's time for a new build.

I'm getting my personal collection in order, but am looking for a host that is really going to turn on you fine folks. I plan on selling it too, as I still want to buy that Ophir already!

So, gimme your thoughts. By all means, throw in diode choices if you like.

Maybe it's just the valium and beer, but I love you guys...:crackup:

WOO scumbag is partyin tonight!!!

:drunk:

I find a lot of fenix hosts very attractive, would love to see some builds made from a few of these :p

fenix-lineup.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think their aesthetic matches mine. If someone really wanted to have me build one for them, then wth...

I need to find someone to machine me this.

But hollow with a tail cap and direct diode fit hole.

In case your wondering its a 10 spline clutch disk aligning tool for my Ram billet 8" 3 disk clutch.

Every time I see I think laser.

Last edited:

norbyx

Well here are my thoughts.
There are plenty of sellers that have 455nm at the moment, a tad less that have the powerfull red lasers, but lets face it, not many buyers want a laser that has a dot that looks like a ruler.
My personal opinion is that you should offer something that no one else is selling, 520nm green. I know you have one diode and that you are planning a build for yourself, but as you, there are many out there searching for the same WL and can't get it.
Think about it.....

Norbyx, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by WL host. I've got a commission to build another PL520 MS-SSW for another member. I don't see myself building with a WickedLasers host if that's what you mean.

I'd love to do lots of 520nm builds, but with the costs of the diodes, I don't know how many people are willing to pay those prices.

Thanks for the input. If I get serious requests for the PL520, I'll be happy to do them.

DJNY

My personal opinion is that you should offer something that no one else is selling, 520nm green. I know you have one diode and that you are planning a build for yourself, but as you, there are many out there searching for the same WL and can't get it.
Think about it.....

Norbyx, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by WL host. I've got a commission to build another PL520 MS-SSW for another member. I don't see myself building with a WickedLasers host if that's what you mean.

Gladly WL = wavelength mostly ;)

I agree that there are too many 445nm builts and too less great beam 532nm, 660nm builts.

Thank you for the input, gentlemen. I really want to make something that stands out. Your suggestions are good ones. The last thing I want to offer is ANOTHER 501B 445!

Thanks DJNY....Word has it we are the first on the list for the V5s! I was thinking maybe a 660nm in it. lol

Which diode specifically are you referring to. I haven't used it yet, so I have to source it, price it, plan driver specs, etc..

I just submitted a feeler thread for a PL520 Trustfire F25 build. The price of these diodes make it such an expensive build though...

norbyx

Main problem I see with doing a 660nm is that its a cheap laser and can be found almost anywhere, also many tend to consider it for te first build. I personally am one. As for the 520nm even if expensive it might be attractive to some that want something other than rough power.
Now on my post I intended wavelenght as WL.
Now another idea would be to make a laser with different power settings as the ones blord made or wicked laser does. Not in any specific host but a laser that, for example, has 3'power settings would be a nice touch because you could play in the house with it, point stars in the sky, or burn stuff, each at different powers. The red laser that I have incoming in my signature is like that.

Main problem I see with doing a 660nm is that its a cheap laser and can be found almost anywhere, also many tend to consider it for te first build. I personally am one. As for the 520nm even if expensive it might be attractive to some that want something other than rough power.
Now on my post I intended wavelenght as WL.
Now another idea would be to make a laser with different power settings as the ones blord made or wicked laser does. Not in any specific host but a laser that, for example, has 3'power settings would be a nice touch because you could play in the house with it, point stars in the sky, or burn stuff, each at different powers. The red laser that I have incoming in my signature is like that.

I hear ya! My "Bastard" build surprisingly had a 2 mode switch. It allows me to use my 2W burner inside and play with the cats, safely.
I don't yet have the driver making skills to build in multi-modes. I suppose I should talk to Blord about it. The host I used was pretty expensive for a sale build.

DJNY

Main problem I see with doing a 660nm is that its a cheap laser and can be found almost anywhere, also many tend to consider it for te first build.

Yes, but the host and the building quality matters.

As for example, where do you get a 300mW 660nm online in pen size, with focus mechanism and unlimited duty cycle? Guess you got the point. Personally I enjoy red single-mode beams the most next to 589nm.

Of course quality 520nm builts would be great too, maybe with TEC cooling to keep the wavelength as low as possible.