Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

WHat happened to LPF?

lazerguy

Well, today I should login at lpf. When I tried, a message came up that said something like "technical problems - we will be back in 24hrs." I accepted that and tried to log in later. It worked, but all of my posts that I made later than april the 23rd had been deleted! :-? My PM:s as well! Has something like this happened to another person here or does anybody here know what happened? Yesterday I had about 45 posts, now I have 34 or something.

Snytbaggen

My theory is that there was a server crash or equivalent (sp?) and they had to use a backup

FireMyLaser

I saw that something was wrong yesterday. The sever was down for several hours but eventually got working. Only for like 10 minutes, I tried to ask "what happened" and then it crashed again.
I lost 2 rep and X number of posts and PMs. :(

Heidi

ARGGGGGGHHHHH

Typical. I spent ages last night uploading the pics when I took apart my pride and joy so I could take pics to put on here. I got them all uploaded with notes and details, now it's all gone before anyone could see it. :'(

Dilemma time. Do I carry on building the twin 20x dvd burner, or do my tutorial on how a DMX RGY scanner works????

Heidi

Hmmm can't do the pics of inside the RGY scanner cause I'm below 20 posts again. :'(

How do you add rep points? Got a few peeps on here I owe them too, but not a clue how. :-/

For now I'll stick to chatting up the guys in the engineering workshop and powder coating company
next to where I work, so I can get a nice powder coated custom made case for my next
laser project instead. :-* :-* :-*

FireMyLaser

Make four funny jokes, one per post. ;D
Then try to give rep, it's >20 posts, right?

Heidi

Been trying to work out how to give rep, but what do I press, and where?
No instructions or obvious buttons to be found on here.
Going to dye my hair blonde tomorrow.  ::)

styropyro

Dang it, I lost 4 rep and 50 or so posts, plus about 10 PMs :( My two reviews that took me a long while to write are also gone...I think I can restore the CNI-170 though.

FireMyLaser

Heidi said:
Been trying to work out how to give rep, but what do I press, and where?
Going to dye my hair blonde tomorrow. ::)
Click on the green (or red if you just have to [smiley=evil.gif]) little box under to the users avatar. Then press OK, then give a comment and submit.

I don't think that you can't see why because you have to few posts ATM. Can you see a red/green little box under the avatar of another user?

Razako

My huge Warnlaser rant in the reviews section is gone.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Heidi

FireMyLaser said:
[quote author=Heidi link=1209415205/0#11 date=1209417634]Been trying to work out how to give rep, but what do I press, and where?
Going to dye my hair blonde tomorrow.  ::)
Click on the green (or red if you just have to [smiley=evil.gif]) little box under to the users avatar. Then press OK, then give a comment and submit.

I don't think that you can't see why because you have to few posts ATM. Can you see a red/green little box under the avatar of another user?[/quote]

Err.....no.....

I had 26 posts before the crash, but I have never seen any red or green boxes under avatars.
How many posts do you need to have made before seeing them?
Will click on your green box when I see one though. Thanks for your help :)