Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do I need now! :)

DrSid

You need any way to supply this with 3 volts. 2 AA batteries is the usual way. You would most probably also need some kind of case, and probably a switch.

You need any way to supply this with 3 volts. 2 AA batteries is the usual way. You would most probably also need some kind of case, and probably a switch.

Preferrably a pen-style host ? :p Got any links haha

DrSid

If you are not able to make yourself a host, why didn't you buy whole laser haha ..

If you are not able to make yourself a host, why didn't you buy whole laser haha ..

I don't have the materials -_- One last question. There are 2 leads on this module (red,black) but the driver is already attached to the diode... What do I need to solder them to!?

daguin

I don't have the materials -_- One last question. There are 2 leads on this module (red,black) but the driver is already attached to the diode... What do I need to solder them to!?

If you are going to make it into a handheld, you are going to want to change the black one for a spring and solder the red one to the case

Another way would be to use a host with a contact disc and solder the wires to the appropriate contact points

Peace,
dave

If you are going to make it into a handheld, you are going to want to change the black one for a spring and solder the red one to the case

Another way would be to use a host with a contact disc and solder the wires to the appropriate contact points

Peace,
dave

Oh alright, so the black one makes the batteries work? And the red one ... connects to the case to make a circuit?

Red= Driver +IN
Black= Driver -IN

The module already comes with a driver so it is really simple, there is already a switch installed, you change the black wire for a spring which connects to the battery's negative terminal, and the host is a case positive and connects to the laser's red wire.

Then go look for a host that'll accept a 12mm module. Otherwise, pony up the cash for something better.

daguin

Nice host, cheap price too

Maybe, but he will NOT be able to just slip his green module into that host

At a minimum, he is going to have to machine a heat sink for it

Also, he will have to engineer it so that the switch on his driver falls under the button position of the host and support the driver board against being pushed down

Using that host will require a level of custom work that I got the impression he was trying to avoid

Peace,
dave

**EDIT**
-- Never mind. I just noticed that his module does not have a switch.
He cannot use this host without altering his driver board as well
He NEEDS a host that has a tail clicky switch in it

Last edited:
Maybe, but he will NOT be able to just slip his green module into that host

At a minimum, he is going to have to machine a heat sink for it

Also, he will have to engineer it so that the switch on his driver falls under the button position of the host and support the driver board against being pushed down

Using that host will require a level of custom work that I got the impression he was trying to avoid

Peace,
dave

**EDIT**
-- Never mind. I just noticed that his module does not have a switch.
He cannot use this host without altering his driver board as well
He NEEDS a host that has a tail clicky switch in it

thanks for clarifying you've also helped me for when i buy my module