Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What a joke....

diachi

I understand man. What sucks is I believe CNI patented the yellow wavelength's, or at least the common ones(589nm/593.5nm) so they are pretty much the only place to get those from.

Ugh....

-Alex

Hmmm, can't patent the wavelength. Only the process used to produce them - which CNI aren't the first nor only people to do SFG - although maybe in a pointer they are. But it's still the same process as is used elsewhere.

Hmmm, can't patent the wavelength. Only the process used to produce them - which CNI aren't the first nor only people to do SFG - although maybe in a pointer they are. But it's still the same process as is used elsewhere.

Ahhhh....there is hope then! :)

-Alex

this suck!! if more companies produce the yellow wavelength the cost would be a lot cheaper...... got a price quote from them recently....520 nm cost more than 532nm in the same module and same power......

Still love ya man:)
Sorry for Hap though.

You're good people Pman. :beer:

Yes Hap should get first class service for the prices laserglow charges, I say vote with your dollars and never buy there again, I know I won't buy from LaserGlow, not with their crazy high prices.

You're good people Pman. :beer:

Yes Hap should get first class service for the prices laserglow charges, I say vote with your dollars and never buy there again, I know I won't buy from LaserGlow, not with their crazy high prices.

I doubt I'll make much of a dent, but the less people buy from them the less money they make, so I look at it that way :)

-Alex

Last edited:

Razako

I just wish there was some other place to get a 593.5 pen from. Laserglow is the only place I've ever seen with those. I guess one could order a module from CNI and build their own pointer.

Last edited:
I just wish there was some other place to get a 593.5 pen from. Laserglow is the only place I've ever seen with those. I guess one could order a module from CNI and build their own pointer.

There are some on eBay, good luck with that though.

I just wrote an email to CNI about GLP-593.5 modules. They'll work in our aftermarket DPSS green laser hosts (which have a big heat sink!!!), so I'd almost rather have a bare module than a pointer.

I also asked how much they'd be if we bought in bulk, so maybe a group buy could be in order...

Yeah. DragonLasers used to sell them in the past, not anymore though.

Also, you could try to have CNI ship a 593.5 laser to a member in Canada, then have that member ship it to you :yh:

-Alex

Ugh too late guys....i've already sent a message to Jetlaser regarding building a 589nm into their PLE-pro host....hope they take me seriously.....(the price of a 80mw of 589nm is = 800mw of 532nm module!!!! so why not right?)