Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Well that's a bummer.

BobMc

Just got a email from Sanwu saying that their 3 watt 445 Red Guardian was a typo and they don't make them. It should have said 2 watt 445. Oooops, so I canceled my order for the Guardian and the Spiker and the adapter. Can't see just ordering one laser at a time, and paying for expedited shipping. Will reorder it when they finish their underwater laser. You never know, maybe it will cause them to speed up the release of it? ( hint hint Sanwu ). :D

Last edited:

I hope they didn't expect you to settle for a 2 watt at that price. I would have cancelled, as well.

Yeah really, the red copper is not cheap. But what's happening with the underwater laser? I thought that was supposed to be released months ago, but I keep checking their site every few weeks to no avail.

BobMc

I hope they didn't expect you to settle for a 2 watt at that price. I would have cancelled, as well.

No, they didn't, they even offered a discount, but I already have a 2 watt 445 Guardian, I wanted the 3 watt. They were very kind and up front about it. Just had my heart set on a 3 watt Guardian. Life happens :whistle:

Edit @ Crazlaser don't know either, thought I put a bug in their ear.

Last edited:
Hey Bob! I once asked them if they could make me a 1.6 watt pocket and they said yes but without warranty. I think you could probably ask for that as long as the diode fits, tell them you're okay without it having a warranty and possible additional cost. I'm sure they'd make it custom for you. I bet if you paid enough they'd put a 44 diode in it and run it at 5 or 6 watts. You'd just have to clear up that it's a personal custom build and they're not at risk for replacement if it burns up. Plus you'd have to work out the cost. Francis is a very agreeable person to deal with as I'm sure you already know.

Last edited:

BobMc

Hey Bob! I once asked them if they could make me a 1.6 watt pocket and they said yes but without warranty. I think you could probably ask for that as long as the diode fits, tell them you're okay without it having a warranty and possible additional cost. I'm sure they'd make it custom for you. I bet if you paid enough they'd put a 44 diode in it and run it at 5 or 6 watts. You'd just have to clear up that it's a personal custom build and they're not at risk for replacement if it burns up. Plus you'd have to work out the cost. Francis is a very agreeable person to deal with as I'm sure you already know.

That sounds like an idea, can give it a shot. A 1.6 watt pocket?? That's something I'd like to see :D

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Bob, if you're still looking for a waterproof laser, you should take a look at offroadfreaks BST thread; he's got a waterproof Laserbtb unit, it's not a stainless steel host like Sanwu's, but it's like new, and it's available now if you can't wait on podo. :yh:

Encap

Hey Bob, if you're still looking for a waterproof laser, you should take a look at offroadfreaks BST thread; he's got a waterproof Laserbtb unit, it's not a stainless steel host like Sanwu's, but it's like new, and it's available now if you can't wait on podo. :yh:

Good advice--last chance to get one of those if desired.
The laserbtb unit claims is good for 50ft but that is peak and no continuous---would not count on more than 1/10th that 5 feet. in continuous real world use to be onsafe side.
Is great for outdoors use in any weather however as well as swimming pool and snorleling.

Just got a email from Sanwu saying that their 3 watt 445 Red Guardian was a typo and they don't make them. It should have said 2 watt 445. Oooops, so I canceled my order for the Guardian and the Spiker and the adapter. Can't see just ordering one laser at a time, and paying for expedited shipping. Will reorder it when they finish their underwater laser. You never know, maybe it will cause them to speed up the release of it? ( hint hint Sanwu ). :D

Save by the bell---no mac and cheese needed yet. :pop:

Last edited:

BobMc

That's a thought, :thinking: I somehow missed that sales thread, thanks for the link, considering :)

Good advice--last chance to get one of those if desired.
The laserbtb unit claims is good for 50ft but that is peak and no continuous---would not count on more than 1/10th that 5 feet. in continuous real world use to be onsafe side.
Is great for outdoors use in any weather however as well as swimming pool and snorleling.

Save by the bell---no mac and cheese needed yet. :pop:

:crackup: heeee, but I rather have the 3 watt Guardian and the M&C. :D

That sounds like an idea, can give it a shot. A 1.6 watt pocket?? That's something I'd like to see :D
The concept is you can basically put any diode in any host that it will fit in, by shortening the duty cycle. Isn't it possible to run the nubm44 with no heat sink or module at all, for maybe a second without hurting it? At first I suggested a 9mm diode to Francis but he informed me it wouldn't fit inside the laser and the m140 is the most powerful one that would fit.

As long as the inside diameter of the host is 12mm or larger, there is enough room for any of the TO-5, TO-18 or TO-38 laser diodes. It won't have a long duty cycle, but it will fit.

Last edited:

Podo

Our apologies but we have something for cheering up:

We may have some 60-80mw 488-490nm diodes coming and they're relatively cheaper, talking about three figures only!

They will be available on our laser series like guardian and challenger..etc stay tuned to our offical thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

BobMc

The concept is you can basically put any diode in any host that it will fit in, by shortening the duty cycle. Isn't it possible to run the nubm44 with no heat sink or module at all, for maybe a second without hurting it? At first I suggested a 9mm diode to Francis but he informed me it wouldn't fit inside the laser and the m140 is the most powerful one that would fit.

Well stated :)

As long as the inside diameter of the host is 12mm or larger, there is enough room for any of the TO-5, TO-18 or TO-38 laser diodes. It won't have a long duty cycle, but it will fit.

Very true :)

We may have some 60-80mw 488-490nm diodes coming and they're relatively cheaper, talking about three figures only!

They will be available on our laser series like guardian and challenger..etc stay tuned to our offical thread.

Apology accepted, life happens. :)

Yep , a 488-490 pocket or Guardian works for me.

Ps, pm incoming :)

Edit @ crazlaser, if Podo will do custom builds have I got some work for him. :thanks: for the advice :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Sounds like this could be interesting, will be keeping an eye out for any developments. :yh:

Last edited:

diachi

Ooooh that sound exciting! :D

Would be interested in knowing Sanwu's secret diode sources, like from where they were sourcing the G84 and now this new diode Podo is talking about.

Last edited: