Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Well shoot, just shoot!!!!!

Today I had planned to be sharing with you pictures of my RPL400 but in my haste to open the package my laser fell right out and broke on the floor. Now it rattles and will not power up. I am disspointed beyond crappin belief right now!!!

Last edited:

Re: Well fuck, just fuck!

I feel your pain, but I suggest you change the title before the war starts. Frak works, anything but what you have just put up.

JLSE

dang dang dang

Sharing your disappointment is one thing, the potty mouth is not welcome here.

Sorry, that must sting!

ragelaserbox.jpg

JLSE

How high did it drop from? and what kind of surface did it hit?

Ive never bought an RPL, so I cant speak on the behalf of its durability. Hopefully the damage is minimal. A simple drop should not 'destroy' the thing.

LOL, @ FML, thats mean but funny :eek:

Out of warranty repair looks like the only option. After spending the money on the laser, whats a few hundred bucks extra?

Also, don't RPLs come in a hard plastic case?
I don't see how it could just fall out of the box, unprotected without even a shred of anti-static bubble-wrap at least...

I know Jack can't be that negligent.

Maybe someone opening up an RPL with such haste, is someone that may not be ready to handle the responsibility of such high dollar equipment. This is expensive stuff, I've never heard of such a careless thing to happen to an RPL. Talk to Jack about it, and you will get something figured out. I hope it works out for you.

-Tyler

Out of warranty repair looks like the only option. After spending the money on the laser, whats a few hundred bucks extra?

Also, don't RPLs come in a hard plastic case?
I don't see how it could just fall out of the box, unprotected without even a shred of anti-static bubble-wrap at least...

I know Jack can't be that negligent.
Hi RA-pierce,
Our RPL's do come well padded in a carrying case, but he might have bought it 2nd hand as my records don't show the sale of a new RPL-400 in the past couple of months...Everyone wants either and RPL-425, 450 or something in the 300's.
It's also possible he bought some other type of laser and is just using the term RPL as a general reference to an "RPL-type".
Either case, lasers are precision devices with very tight tolerances that have to be kept and dropping one from even a couple feet onto hard surface can easily break it.

I know I'm not the only one that remembers this:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/laser-tragedy-44891.html

:D

I was thinking the same thing. Most people would have joined a laser forum and asked questions prior to making such a purchase. The OP just joined today and this was the first thing posted; something just doesn't sound right.

To the OP, I apologize in advance if the events you described had actually transpired. The circumstances you describe are just a little hard to swallow.

Benm

Sorry to hear about the broken laser.. but the picture above just literally made me LOL.