Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Welcome to the forum.

Great forum

So glad to find this great forum!Just signed up! :)

Attachments

• c01.jpg
    c01.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 92

Buffo

Hello to the group! Just dropped in from PhotonLexicon. Saw the group buy for the DIY power meter PBC's and just had to sign up.

I must admit that I favor projectors over pointers, but I'm sure there's plenty of overlap. Looking forward to exploring... ;)

Adam

Hallo, all.

How I Got to This Forum: A Precis

I was showing off my green laser pointer at school, and expressed my desire to own a blue one. A friend directed me towards the kipkay laser phaser video, which seemed somewhat lacking in detail at best. In the comments for it, someone from these forums had posted a very informed-looking and detailed post about why his mod was silly and would be short-lived, and I came here! I'm very interested in making my own pointer, but I don't have any experience in circuitry. Fortunately, it looks like there are several resources and tutorials here that show step-by-step instructions for making my laser driver, housing, and testing the current and voltage outputs. I hope to get in on DDL's next group buy on blue diodes, as well. Thank you all so much for being informed enthusiasts and posting your handy information online for people like me!

Looking forward to showing off my blue laser pointer by May. Woo!

This site is awesome, all the information I could ever dream of about lasers.

I'm going to buy something from another member so I need 10 posts, I hope nobody minds if I spam 3 more posts after this one, it was suggested in the other thread

cody48

Just signed up with this forum after getting my first decent laser (well, non-cat-toy laser) about a month ago. ;D

I don't know where to start! I don't know anything about lazers but want to learn, I am scavenging parts ( I really started with just the brushless motors for my RC models) from DVD burner drives. How can I tell if the diode is good? How can I identify the driver in and amongst all those little electronic thingies? :-/ :-/

it might be a good idea to make a new thread with the questions you have... but before you make a thread please spend some time looking for the answers yourself.

Just a thank u to the forum from a late bloomer..

Having used LF for a couple of months now as a guest. I decided to register and express my appreciation to all those that have taken the time and spent the energy to provide the world at large with a wealth of info on laser related tech. While I, like probably most here have had my failures and share of blown up diodes. I eventually got around to following the advice of those here that stressed the "Don't take the shortcut route" , "use drivers", "safety" etc. And finally Success!. To all of you. "THANK YOU".. And To the creaters and powers that be. Of Laserpointers.com. To you many thanks also. I plan on making a donation on my next payday.

A little about me. I'm Ron. 59 and live in the Calif. Delta between Sacto and S.F. My interest in High power lasers comes from another project I'm working on. "HHO" I'm real close.. For those of you that know what HHO and its goal is. I've recently achieved 16 litres of gas per minute and pressured up a 5 gallon air tank to 120 lbs p.s.i. in 4 and a half minutes using 6 amps of currant at 12 volts D.C. My intention is to use lasers for electrolyte preheating, and maintaining an exact operating temp. My design at this time uses old fashioned coffee mug type electrode,"stinger" as its called in the trucking industry. I believe I can knock off another 1.5 amps of currant drain by switching to 4 250ma lasers. If I can hit 24 LPM at under 8 amps. I can remove the gas tank from my 1500 cc mitsubishi mirage. install the 5 gal air tank. And run my can on water for the rest of its days.. The air tank would just be for storage of enough hydrogen gas to start the car and keep it running long enough for my "MINI NUKE" as I call to kick in.