Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Weird uses for lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i admit i've scared a few birds egrets are scared bigtime crows a little most smaller birds dont trip on them that much 100mw techlaser pen unit btw

Arayan

Another example :D
laser-gun.jpg

Bird Gard Laser Gun

There is a few. They must be selling because most of the companies are still in business.

I have not pointed at anything living yet, but when I go camping this summer I'll try the bat theory.

HIMNL9

Don't know about bats, are years that i don't see one of them around here ..... but i can say you that it work with ducks ..... i was playing with my 50mW green on the lake border, and pointed it near a group of them that was floating on the water ..... they flyed away all together quacking scared, before the dot reach the group ..... so, something in it have to scare them (but i don't really know why, if for the light itself or for the movement or for what).

Squirrels have dichromatic vision. They would probably perceive the green laser dot as "black"

I don't see how. They just couldn't tell it apart from a different color. Light sources cannot be perceived as black unless you count wavelengths outside the range of a given response. But even then, only the source would be black, not the dot. IR laser dots are not "black" even to monochromatic vision (like a B&W camera).

Status
Not open for further replies.