Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WarnLaser: The spamming scammers

Nice, looks like warnlaser is emailing people from LPF advertisements...

Dear sirs/madam

Warnlaser is an online supplier of portable and industrial lasers. We supply hand held and bench lasers in red, blue, green, infra red light ultraviolet wavelength with powers ranging from less than 1mW to more than 10 watts. We specialize in the B2B and B2C sales of laser pointers,with its products having been authenticated by CE, FDA.As we are manufactory ,our lasers lowest price best quality products from China accept paypal.

5mw Tiger Green Lasers ---------------------------------- $28.99
30mw Tiger Green Lasers ---------------------------------- $99.99
120mw Tiger Green Lasers ---------------------------------- $199.99
150mw Explore Green Lasers ---------------------------------- $309.99
250mw Storm Green Lasers ---------------------------------- $549.99
250mw Viper Green Lasers ---------------------------------- $529.99
300mw Storm Green Lasers ---------------------------------- $619.99
300mw Torch Green Lasers ---------------------------------- $999.99
400mw SWOT Green Lasers ---------------------------------- $1449.99
150mw Tiger Red Lasers ---------------------------------- $219.99
20mw SWOT Blue Lasers ---------------------------------- $599.99

More info:http://www.warnlaser.com/products
Video:http://www.youtube.com/warnlaser

If you're interested in our products,please contact with us at any time !
And I will give our best price to you .

Looking forward to hearing you !
Best Regards

Zachary Turtenwald

http://www.warnlaser.com
WARNLASER Co.,Ltd.
Tel:0086-021-13917056832
Fax:0086-021-62857784
E-mail:warnlaser@gmail.com

AND they even include a picture of a "tiger series" laser as an attachment.

Post here if you received this bullshit.

Yep, they sent me the same BS e-mail... 3 times in fact. I wonder how they got ahold of my e-mail address (its not hard to find, but I'm wondering what method they're using to e-mail all of us)

I can tell you something, advertising on LPF is one thing, but spamming people just took this to a whole new level.

I move for a permanent ban of warnlaser from this forum.

last tiem they emailed me shawn wang owned warnlaser i think or i might be mistaken but i think that was the company something is weird with those guys

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
don't know how they got the email addresses to begin with, very strange. did you guys get any PMs as well, or just emails

LarryQ

I got the mail as well...twice, actually, to the same e-mail address.

No PM's....

LarryQ

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i think i know how they got the email addresses, you guys actually have your email visible to other members on the forum.

for example, if you click the email button in your profiles, it opens an email in outlook with your email address

when you register on the forum you have the choice to keep this address hidden, but my guess is some people don't do this

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
you guys should set hide email form public in youf profile

daguin

Sawt al Hurriyah said:
Me too, just changed it to hidden.......WAIT! The email that got spammed was NOT the one I signed up to the forum with!!!!!!! I used my hotmail in my profile....and it wasn't the one that got the spam from Warnlaser. :eek: :-?

Then they got it from another forum OR from some subscription (online or hard source) that you have.

Peace,
dave

I didn't get the spam on the email account I signed up to the forum with.

I get it twice on my forum e-mail and thrice on my other e-mail. How the hell are they choosing these e-mails?

That's funny. Why would they actively go out and spam the inboxes of people who have already expressed a disliking for them?

The best thing warnlaser should do is to cease all operations, lay low for a bit, and figure out how to build lasers and not just stick LED's with lenses in a ball point pen.

Not a smart thing to do. If you harvest email addresses from users on a laser enthusiast forum and start spamming them, you KNOW it will backfire on you because it will be mentioned on that very same forum. -1 Warnlaser.

Ace82

My email is hidden and I haven't received any spamming. However, I find it quite odd that other people are getting it and I'm not even though I actually emailed WL with an inquiry last month (took 1 week to reply) but you would think that they would send one toward a potential customer? Most likely they are just trying to get their info out is all, I guess. ::)

FYI, the inquiry was based off of c0ld's review... I went with the RPL.

Well, I for one simply added them to my junk filter - they won't be able to reach me any longer - three clicks, and no headache :)