Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanting to buy wicked laser I pay top $$$

Australiaknifevslaser_zps90d3ce2c.jpg

Peace,
dave

lol, nice picture....

Australiaknifevslaser_zps90d3ce2c.jpg

Peace,
dave

[OT Rant]

US is no better, and more people hate US then ever will laugh at Australia.

Cops here have ZERO checks on their actions, and only care about filling in arrest quotas.

I was actually arrested for having two pocket knives in my car. Not on me. In my car. My only actual crime was speeding five miles over the limit.

Yes the charges were dropped - knives were not illegal. That's only after forcing me to waste thousands on a lawyer, keeping me in not so nice accommodations overnight.

US is as bad as ANY country when it comes to ridiculous overcriminalization. Don't believe me? Go spit on the sidewalk in from of a cop, and give him the finger. He won't even need a warrant to track your movements via your cell phone, or to check you email.

Also in many cases the penalties you could receive for having an automatic, especially dagger style OTF knife, are harsher than what you would get for having a gun, or say a mace, or spear, or sword. Makes lots of sense right?

Last edited:
[OT Rant]

US is no better, and more people hate US then ever will laugh at Australia.

Cops here have ZERO checks on their actions, and only care about filling in arrest quotas.

I was actually arrested for having two pocket knives in my car. Not on me. In my car. My only actual crime was speeding five miles over the limit.

Yes the charges were dropped - knives were not illegal. That's only after forcing me to waste thousands on a lawyer, keeping me in not so nice accommodations overnight.

US is as bad as ANY country when it comes to ridiculous overcriminalization. Don't believe me? Go spit on the sidewalk in from of a cop, and give him the finger. He won't even need a warrant to track your movements via your cell phone, or to check you email.

Also in many cases the penalties you could receive for having an automatic, especially dagger style OTF knife, are harsher than what you would get for having a gun, or say a mace, or spear, or sword. Makes lots of sense right?

I understand this happens often but you can't generalize the US. Sure, there's a lot of messed up things going on, but the only reason we hear about it is because it's happening in the US. Stuff like this happens all over the world, we just don't hear about it:undecided:

Last edited:
I understand this happens often but you can't generalize the US. Sure, there's a lot of messed up things going on, but the only reason we hear about it is because it's happening in the US. Stuff like this happens all over the world, we just don't hear about it:undecided:

Of course. It just drives me crazy when people think this country doesn't have a crapload of problems as well. Especially where law enforcement, taxation and government are concerned.

the reason you dont hear about problems in the rest of the world is because if press released half the things they do in the USA, some group; terrorist, political, etc... would go to that news source and threaten them or blow it up (EXTREME generalization but you get the point). Freedom of speech here allows for all of this bad rep/news to be posted and spread.

the reason you dont hear about problems in the rest of the world is because if press released half the things they do in the usa, some group; terrorist, political, etc... Would go to that news source and threaten them or blow it up (extreme generalization but you get the point). Freedom of speech here allows for all of this bad rep/news to be posted and spread.

wow omg =o

not to get off topic even more but look at the middle east, china and many more places (NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE FROM ANY OF THESE PLACES, ALSO NOT TRYING TO BE RACIST SO SORRY IF IT COMES OFF AS THAT) have problems just like everywhere else in the world but you don't hear much coming out of these countries since their law enforcement wont do much to protect the news companies from attacks of the accused. every now and then you see news stories here in the US about some problems around the world but that's only because we have news crews over there that are being protected by our military.

Bottom line is every place has its own morals, norms and traditions. We as humans need to understand and respect these. Yes America is messed up and we get a TON of crap for it but the people who give us crap have their own problems that they are not dealing with. Personally i believe everyone needs to stop bashing on each other and saying they are worst than us, we are better than them (not talking about anyone on the forum but countries in general) and start focusing on bettering ourselves. If every country did the best they could and didn't worry about whose #1 then there would be no wars, disagreements, fights and to get back to what we are talking about, no problems with lasers because everyone would be respectful and not do idiotic things with lasers like point them at helicopters and planes.......IDIOTS!!!!!

That is all, carry on as normal :p

not to get off topic even more but look at the middle east, china and many more places (NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE FROM ANY OF THESE PLACES, ALSO NOT TRYING TO BE RACIST SO SORRY IF IT COMES OFF AS THAT) have problems just like everywhere else in the world but you don't hear much coming out of these countries since their law enforcement wont do much to protect the news companies from attacks of the accused. every now and then you see news stories here in the US about some problems around the world but that's only because we have news crews over there that are being protected by our military.

Bottom line is every place has its own morals, norms and traditions. We as humans need to understand and respect these. Yes America is messed up and we get a TON of crap for it but the people who give us crap have their own problems that they are not dealing with. Personally i believe everyone needs to stop bashing on each other and saying they are worst than us, we are better than them (not talking about anyone on the forum but countries in general) and start focusing on bettering ourselves. If every country did the best they could and didn't worry about whose #1 then there would be no wars, disagreements, fights and to get back to what we are talking about, no problems with lasers because everyone would be respectful and not do idiotic things with lasers like point them at helicopters and planes.......IDIOTS!!!!!

couldn't have said better myself!

Thanks livinloud :)

Yeah, It's so true... Even the stuff that was said above about the US... Australia really is a great country. They're just doing there best to protect us from idiots who are using lasers irresponsibly.

Yeah, It's so true... Even the stuff that was said above about the US... Australia really is a great country. They're just doing there best to protect us from idiots who are using lasers irresponsibly.

it only takes one idiot to ruin a great thing and the other 1,000,000 good users never get recognized but that one idiot gets all the publicity

it only takes one idiot to ruin a great thing and the other 1,000,000 good users never get recognized but that one idiot gets all the publicity

yep, immature kids is what it is, lasers should be 18+ or be a member of a "laser association?" xP

Hello,

I wouldn't encourage you spending your money on WL. As a WL customer myself (I'll update my sig later) I can say they are getting a lot better, but still, they've got to clean up both customs issues and their specs of their lasers. They tend to mark the packages as "defective pen" with a value of $0 so as to entice not bothering to check. Their lasers are much better in spec now, but too soon to gamble on it that you're going to get an in spec or over spec laser. GL

Hello,

I wouldn't encourage you spending your money on WL. As a WL customer myself (I'll update my sig later) I can say they are getting a lot better, but still, they've got to clean up both customs issues and their specs of their lasers. They tend to mark the packages as "defective pen" with a value of $0 so as to entice not bothering to check. Their lasers are much better in spec now, but too soon to gamble on it that you're going to get an in spec or over spec laser. GL

im happy with my purchase, in fact i'll be ordering more might get 2 more arctics and a krypton (resell the arcs, keep the krippy)

Last edited: