Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want to see my house?

.... well I call it my house.
It's the iconic Sydney Opera House.
Once a year Sydney puts on a massive Light Show in May/June (winter) called 'Vivid'.
They project patterns and animations on the Opera House and surrounding landmarks for about 2 weeks and it's been getting bigger and bigger each year.

These were not taken this year (because I was sick) but I still hope you enjoy my photography from yesteryear.

It's a lot harder than it looks to photograph properly and clearly at night such an animated display.
I employ some very special techniques to achieve this level of clarity and not to mention waiting around for ever trying to minimise the number of people in the shot.

Enjoy and welcome to 'my House'.

RB

luminousblue.jpg

Vivid-Operah-House.jpg

I call the next one, "Finding Nemo" from the Animated movie of the same name:

luminousnemo.jpg

And finally just a 'normal' shot while the Vivid Festival was not on:

operahousehdr1.jpg

:beer:

BIG and BEAUTIFUL..... If I were a billionaire I too could have something like that, but then when you die, you loose a whole lot while a poor man doesn't.

Encap

Amazing and high quality first class job they do---absolutely beautifully done--great pics

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Thank you so much guys, your responses mean a lot to me. :beer:
I'm glad you liked them.
@ Gazen, I'll see if I have any more.
@ Bacon, a lot of people have suggested I should sell them, problem is there's a lot of red tape to get through if you want to sell photos of The Sydney Opera House.
I can get in trouble, go figure huh?

I remember one night I was down there with my daughter and hardly anyone around, it was around midnight, and I had set up a small tripod and camera in the front courtyard of the O.House when a security guard approached me challenging me that I was a professional and I couldn't photograph the structure.
I told him I was here with my daughter and that I'm not a pro, just an enthusiast.
Took some convicting before he let me go ahead.

:banghead:

Last edited:

BobMc

Nice looking house you got there in RB, very impressive photos. :gj:

Andrew... those are some spectacular shots.
I wasn't even aware that they had a light show
projected on the structure. Thanks for sharing
those amazing pics.

Jerry

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Simply stunning! Great job capturing these, and appreciate you sharing. It's so cool to see these types of things from someone on here, and not just a random google search. Feels way more intimate. :beer::kewlpics:

That's the only landmark I know for Sydney, AU. It seems to show up a lot in all sorts of places.

@ Bob, thank you Sir, glad you liked them, yes nice house but the power bills are killing me... :crackup:

@ Jerry, thank you so much Jerry for your kind words, cheers my friend. :beer:

@ LewDude, cheers buddy, I'll see if I can post a few more when I find them somewhere on my HDD.... :confused:

@ Tero & Paul, thanks for looking guys, glad you enjoyed.

Paul, yes the Sydney Opera House is Iconic and the most recognised landmark of Sydney.
We also have the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge and "Sydney Tower".

Not my photo....
170px-Sydney_tower_sunset.jpg

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Great photos, RB, very impressive work! :cool:
BTW, I think that security guard had a good point, those photos look awfully professional to me. :D
:kewlpics:

We've got an iconic tower here too. It s called the Space Needle and it is visible from almost anywhere in Seattle. :na: