Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Videos from youtube you wish to share.

I've seen that paper airplane maker/shooter before, pretty cool, check these out

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I wish the east coast of USA the best of luck with Florence. It shows that it doesn't matter what the category of the hurricane is. A hurricane is a hurricane and they are dangerous.

Last edited:
I was in the hurricane "Camile" back in the late 60s which devastated the gulf coast, wiping out everything up to a mile inland. We went to my Aunt's summer cabin in Louisiana for a month because there was no water or power available for weeks afterwards. Quite a few people lost their lives in that one. I remember people flocking to the waterfront hotels to have hurricane parties. Rest in peace.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I’m just fortunate I live in a part of the world that is relatively natural disaster safe although this slowly starting to change. I feel bad for those who live in hurricane prone areas as they may go a lifetime of being alright in hurricanes and all of sudden you get that one that can ruin or take their life.

Neat, thank you for the YouTube link. The ebay seller who has the 561nm LBO non-linear crystals listed on ebay is an optical engineer who specializes in those kinds of optics and is looking for work in this field, if anyone knows of something he can sink his skills into:

Second Harmonic 561nm LBO Laser Crystal, YAG : Nd 1122nm Lithium Triborate | eBay
Oh , i have seen him a few weeks ago , but i will not trust him .... he is selling parts from the b+w tek beamsplitter of the kwown raman spectrometer and said is is from ocean optics , thats a lie .... also in his auctions with other parts ... see i.e. here:

https://www.m.ebay.com/itm/SMA-905-...and-USB-Spectrometer-/302858483383?nav=SEARCH

And others ....

Oh sorry , now a half hour later i have seen , that i quoted realy old stuff ... sorry ... But ... this auction is online since then .

Last edited:
Turning a high power beam into a water heater makes sense to measure energy, but measuring the weight of light.....that's really something....why isn't there piles of light dust in the corners of every room ? I know, it's not really a particle, it just exhibits particle like characteristics and that is very interesting, there's more to be understood about that....here's some things we do know > https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-12551,00.html

When talking about quantum particles, you can't evaluate them like you would Newtonian particles, but I have never heard a physicist say that these particles don't really exist. There is no dust from any quantum particles because they are subatomic and not made of many atoms like a Newtonian particle is. But, they are still particles.

You know what they say about quantum mechanics, If you think you understand quantum mechanics you don't understand quantum mechanics. ;)

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
You know what they say about quantum mechanics, If you think you understand quantum mechanics you don't understand quantum mechanics. ;)
Is that what they call quantum uncertainty? ;)