Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Videos from youtube you wish to share.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
This may have been posted before but I'll do it again here since this looks like it would be so much fun to drive in either the sand or the snow. :yh:

Here is their site home page: "Ripsaw Extreme Vehicle Luxury Super Tank"; There are some other models (single & two seater), and another video on it.

Last edited:

Found this over at PL. Needs a higher power 405 beam to paint faster but wow, this is very cool:

Very nice, along with stronger lasers using more lasers to do more all at once could work as well. :beer:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice, along with stronger lasers using more lasers to do more all at once could work as well. :beer:

In the post on PL he said he had 3 scanners working together in that video. Need some fast axis correction on some of the new MM 405 diodes to get more power and faster 'writing' speed. He has a few other videos there too. Just about be worth the ticket to SELEM to see that live:)

He aligned each osram LD by hand for a converging cluster, it's ok but not that potent, would be better off to converge 3 cylindrically corrected nubm44's only make then articulated for on the fly converging at distance, something I will likely do at some point.

Attachments

• 3x44plan.JPG
    3x44plan.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
61026d1532672894-videos-youtube-you-wish-share-cilwegci.jpg

61027d1532673273-videos-youtube-you-wish-share-evet-wey-.jpg

His cluster is pretty wide but it could possibly be used with a BE, maybe he is using a meniscus lens ?
He said he aligned them 1 at a time, it no doubt diverges.

Here's my plan for more heat in a smaller spot rather than a cluster.
All 3 will be on the same plane ( X ) only ( Y ) will be articulated.

61025d1532672239-videos-youtube-you-wish-share-3x44plan.jpg

Attachments

• cILWEGCI.JPG
    cILWEGCI.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 42
  • evet  wey .JPG
    evet wey .JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I have done it that way before with 660nm reds, I put all the diodes in a ring and aimed them inward to a lens then into a 2nd lens and between the 2 lenses I could move them back and forth to set the diameter of the bundle and if they converged together of diverged apart, the trick is the wider your ring and longer the FL between lenses the better/tighter your bundle and less divergent it can be, also your laser beams matter, MM beams are not the best, the Osram pltb450b has the best of the 1W+ blues IINM.

If you really want to reach out for visibility them Gaussian TEM00 beams are the best and green is most visible, the Osram 100mw 520 has a nice tight spot far field and I have bought some cheap at auction, only a few so far.

Did you ever knife edge the 4 x NDG7475's ?

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I will be looking out for this tonight. Hopefully I get to see it. But thunderstorms might get in the way.

The skies have been very clear here in Western Washington lately. Will have to see when/if this eclipse will be view-able here. It has been a really long time since I saw my last lunar eclipse.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Sorry Paul. The eclipse unfortunately is just out of your visibility. :can:

skynews-lunar-eclipse-blood_4372213.jpg

At this rate I won't see it either. I'm about to be hit by a string of thunderstorms. So won't be able to see the moon. :(

Last edited:
I really did like the cartoon cars. That guy did an absolutely great job designing and putting them together. Can't imagine how much it cost him to do it. I would certainly do a double take if I saw that VW bus coming down the street.

Naw. I don't think Volkswagen would care a bit. It is actually free advertisement as the car looks just so cool. Even if they decided to sue, I don't know what they would expect to get in damages as you have to show some sort of damage. I don't see it and I doubt many others would either.