Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Videos from youtube you wish to share.

Yeah that was his biggest grip... the focusing on
targets that are not 100% perpendicular with the
Laser's beam.

Jerry

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I haven't seen the video yet, but I'm guessing that the virtual lens was under dispute. How is a computer algorithm meant to physically focus a beam like a theta lens?

Hey, that's "patented and confidential", very top secret stuff in there! :D

I like where it says that they are working on getting certification approvals from agencies such as the FDA, FCC, RoHS, UL, CE etc. The guy making the video says that will take years to get approval from these agencies, if ever.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
:D Yep, patented and confidential indeed.
FDA approval will probably never happen.
What I don't get is that theta lenses aren't that expensive in order to go to the effort of mimicking one? :thinking:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That's smooth alright, that Bugatti sounds like your riding in a jet! :cool:
Those guys were having a ball cruising down the autobahn in that rocket. Not too far in, I heard the driver say that they were at 320kph, shit, that's 200mph!

I noticed a big difference in driving over there, at least on the autobahn, it seems most of the cars stay out of the left lane, and if there is someone in it, they will generally move over.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Interesting video Red, it's amazing what slow motion video reveals! :yh:
Those shock waves and light flashes that are produced are amazing to watch as they develop along the length of the Prince Ruperts Drop.

Yeah, that was kind of cool, Alaskan. I've seen similar before, so not as fascinating as it could have been. Still, a nice way to kill nine minutes. :wave:

Yeah thanks Red and Chris.
Love those slo-mo vids.
Red, I always enjoy the "SmarterEveryDay channel.

Ok, here's one I want to share with you.
My son and I were flying our drones and I asked him to fly past me while I take some video.
Well, I didn't realise we were practically on at the same altitude.
He buzzed just above me.
My drone controller went ballistic with obstacle avoidance buzzing and beeping like crazy.
Wow, not trying that one again.

RB

:tsk:

You're not kidding it's looonnngg. An hour and not starting out with anything more than the very basics of lasers. I'll watch more later in hope that it will become more interesting. :thanks:

GSS

WOW!
for a second or two I thought the house pretty much survived before the top came crashing down:(

That's one of those one in a million shots. Know way of knowing lightning was going to strike. Just a lucky video that captured it.