Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Verbal and Photo Descriptions of the Visible Wavelengths

Yellow is rare, even more scarce at higher powers. I should have bought that pointer lasergirl was selling for 400 bucks when I had a chance, it was way over spec.

Yellow is rare, even more scarce at higher powers. I should have bought that pointer lasergirl was selling for 400 bucks when I had a chance, it was way over spec.

What wavelength and power was it ?

Last edited:
All I remember was it was yellow and 70mw with a beam expander, was it Laser Chick ? Or maybe someone else, I cannot find the post now, I probably have the seller name wrong, but it was a girl.

diachi

All I remember was it was yellow and 70mw with a beam expander, was it Laser Chick ? Or maybe someone else, I cannot find the post now, I probably have the seller name wrong, but it was a girl.

Had to be 589nm at that power in a portable, 593.5nm is way less efficient.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, definitely 589. 594's are 1-2% efficient at best.
I own two 589's Accutronitis, never seen a 594 in person myself.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Not bad sizes for that price. :) Nd:YVO4 is cheap in small sizes as you can just retrieve them from pointers but harder to obtain for cheap in large sizes.

Only other surplus YVO4 rod I could find was on ebay for over 300 dollars, it was mounted with a TEC, but way too much I thought.

Have a question you might know the answer to, or someone; why would a YVO4 rod have a section without doping, such as these?

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
To be honest Alaskan, I don't know off the top of my head. I have only ever come across one or the other, not ones like that. I'm quite interested to know why actually. :anyone:

Encap

Only other surplus YVO4 rod I could find was on ebay for over 300 dollars, it was mounted with a TEC, but way too much I thought.

Have a question you might know the answer to, or someone; why would a YVO4 rod have a section without doping, such as these?

To get to the other side?

From Onyx web site
"AFB® YVO4 or GdVO4 components are extremely useful for higher power in YVO4-based laser systems. Undoped end-caps increase damage threshold by separating the pump input face with the lasing doped portion. Onyx produces slabs and rods with plano or spherical end faces."