Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UVEX Laser Goggles!

Usually there is a GB feeler first. Also Vets usually have taken into account extra shipping fees and additional service fees. Admirable that you want to make a great offer to the LPF community, but you did state in the beginning that the funds would go directly to you. Also after July first, does the cost of the goggles through the website become $350 not 800+ because that price point wasn't working out for them?

~ LB

Last edited:

tonyt

I never said the money was coming to me... I said "once recieved"

I have taken into account all shipping fees, PP fees and all other fees. That is why I said $180 inclusive.

That is not the site they are coming from! That is an example of what the goggles are and what they sell for retail, from what i have heard they sell for that price quite well and i already know of at least one lpf member that has a pair(not from me and long before this gb) and paid the retail price for them. . As i have said, he is not a seller. He works in a lab that bought an excess of these goggles (at retail I might add) and is doing me a favour by offering them so cheap. If he doesn't sell them through me he will end up selling them to a lab supplies outlet for $350 a pair.

Are there any more questions??

Makes sense now. The extra info in the beginning would've helped. GB's are organized a certain way because of some incidents in the past. Even still, things still happen.

You're a braver man than me for attempting a GB :beer:

~ LB

daguin

I am not acting as an advertiser, i am helping a friend and he is helping me and therefore LPF.
If say you alone wanted a pair, it would cost you $220+shipping+PP fees through me,. So I assume that would come to between $240-260 depending where you are. If there were 10 people that wanted them then that is $180 inclusive. So, that is $60-80 less.
I asked him what if people were to go through him directly and he said he would sell them for $350 a pair which is what he was going to sell them for before we spoke. So to answer your question, yes it is a lot cheaper buying through this gb.
Do you have any other questions?

Something remains elusive
You said that I am, not going through you
You were only sort of . . . what . . . collecting names for the lower price?

Why would they be cheaper if you got my name rather than him getting my name independently.

If this is truly only some sort of "friends and family" discount, then why not just post the info with some sort of "coupon word" that would make it all more streamlined?

Also, this from your OP:
Also, this GB won't take weeks or months to finalize.. Once all the payments have been recieved you will have the goggles in your hands within the week!
I thought you said everyone was paying him independently
Who were you referring to as "receiving" all of the payments? You? The seller?
If it is the seller, why would he hold my money while we waited for someone else to pay?
What if only four of a committed five actually send the money?
Does he hold my money?
How long does he hold it before he refunds that money?

It is obviously NOT a group buy ( http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/what-group-buy-55810.html )
You say you are not advertising for him
We cannot contact him directly to get the discounted price
We are not actually "going through you" as a middle man for them
However, we have to "go through you" to get the discount

Something is amiss

Peace,
dave

lol well at least arguments / disagreements here are civilized here between vet members... on facebook or youtube the words #$%^ or #$%% and probably @^&()*&#%^ would probably be thrown back and forth for about 50 pages of comments..

Agreed, and the first thing that came to mind was, "Can't we all just get along?" Lol- :p
But decided instead to just sit back and watch the show.. :pop:

Last edited:

tonyt

Ok then, to make it clearer for you I will collect all the money. And hold everyone's payment one by one. When everyone has paid I will transfer to my friend. Who i will get to send them to a friend(vet) off here(lpf) in LA who I will transfer the postage money to and will redistribute them. The ones for people in the rest of the world will be sent to me at my expense. Then I will redistribute them.
I really don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand dave? I presume you are a smart person? It really is quite simple. I have said numerous times now, To get the lower price you have to be a part of this group buy! No one can contact him directly due to the fact he isnt a shop and he really doesn't want the hassle of having to deal with 5-10-15 people. If by chance you insisted on going through him the price he would charge you would be $350+postage.
Please tell me if there is anything else you need clarified that I haven't already covered 2-3 times already.

Something remains elusive
You said that I am, not going through you
You were only sort of . . . what . . . collecting names for the lower price?

Why would they be cheaper if you got my name rather than him getting my name independently.

If this is truly only some sort of "friends and family" discount, then why not just post the info with some sort of "coupon word" that would make it all more streamlined?

Also, this from your OP:
Also, this GB won't take weeks or months to finalize.. Once all the payments have been recieved you will have the goggles in your hands within the week!
I thought you said everyone was paying him independently
Who were you referring to as "receiving" all of the payments? You? The seller?
If it is the seller, why would he hold my money while we waited for someone else to pay?
What if only four of a committed five actually send the money?
Does he hold my money?
How long does he hold it before he refunds that money?

It is obviously NOT a group buy ( http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/what-group-buy-55810.html )
You say you are not advertising for him
We cannot contact him directly to get the discounted price
We are not actually "going through you" as a middle man for them
However, we have to "go through you" to get the discount

Something is amiss

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
It could be looked at that way. Or it could be looked at as a Super Moderator and a friend saving a member from the potential frustration of being asked the same questions by a number of members with money invested into a business transaction. :shhh:

~ LB

I know one of the things he said but you forgot to mention was how can you insist on the "fact" that people will have their goggles within a week if they have to wait for them to be shipped twice, some places further then others..?

Last edited:

tonyt

I know one of the things he said but you forgot to mention was how can you insist on the "fact" that people will have their goggles within a week if they have to wait for them to be shipped twice, some places further then others..?

Well I thought the shipping from LA to LA would be overnight. Then from LA to the rest of the US shouldn't take longer than 5 days? Would it? That would be a total of 7 days maximum. Would it not? Probably a lot less.

Edit. Fixed the op for you mc.

Last edited:

tonyt

So No one wants any goggles?

I will leave it till the first then take it down..

The owner of the goggles also gave me a further discount if i get over ten people today!
More than 10 people will now only cost $140 postage included for US and Aussie buyer's and $150 for international!

Now thats a crazy price!! I will update the op withe the new info..