Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

uv black light bubbles???

NLPQ

didnt say it was a good deal, i just think it would look cool with a blue laser.

ps: i think i found a better source for my black light bubbles

Last edited:
Quick warning before you get flamed. A "blue" laser and a Blu -Ray "violet" laser are completely different in both color and construction.

Yeah that's a much better price..good find.

Those look cool, but does the residue they leave on the floor and other things they pop on cause then to glow in dark aswell :D

yes blu-ray = black light = ultraviolet

not though that blu-ray is 405nm which is the highest end of the ultra violet light spectrum. UV actually starts from 10nm to 400nm.

but yes blu-ray does illuminate 'secret writings' and marks on credit cards, notes, etc. etc.

NLPQ

Those look cool, but does the residue they leave on the floor and other things they pop on cause then to glow in dark aswell :D

yeah im thinking that it would, i mean the liquid itself is uv reactive it wouldn't matter if it was in bubble form or not. some one needs to buy these, fill a room with them and go wild for a youtube vid. im wondering if the bubbles will pop when touched by the laser?

thanks for the reply's
-Evan

yes blu-ray = black light = ultraviolet

not though that blu-ray is 405nm which is the highest end of the ultra violet light spectrum. UV actually starts from 10nm to 400nm.

but yes blu-ray does illuminate 'secret writings' and marks on credit cards, notes, etc. etc.

No... Blu-ray = 405nm = Visible Light = Deep, Deep Violet.

UV is < 400nm.

i am pretty sure 405nm is considered long wave uv.

also as soon as i can get a working blu-ray going. i am gonna try making bubbles out of whitening laundry detergent

No, long wave UV is max. 400nm.

UVA (what you call "black light"): 320-400nm

Bluray is bluray. It's 405-410nm[+-(5-10)nm], it's violet. Blue is 473nm.

NLPQ

Quick warning before you get flamed. A "blue" laser and a Blu -Ray "violet" laser are completely different in both color and construction.

Yeah that's a much better price..good find.
thanks for the heads up i am new here and that would have been upsetting:cryyy:

hmmm, that is true tj. it does floures pretty good. i wonder if it will work if i dilute it in a real bubble solution.

I haven't tried the secret markings on credit cards, but I can see writing from an invisible ink pen (DX) with my 405nm.

edit: Ok, I just tried it on my AMEX card. IT WORKS! I never knew there was a secret watermark on it.

Last edited: