Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UV activated glue

ok so i've heard a lot about glues and opxy resins that are activated by UV light, and i know first hand that it's used in dentists offices to harden fillings,
but are there general purpose glues that harden from UV exposure, and will blu-ray lasers work with this application? and where can i get some?!?!

EDIT: anywhere tog et it cheap? everywhere i look seems very expensive. like $50 for a couple of ounces

Yeah but you would probably just need a drop to glue something...

Jerry

I have some of this material and was planning on using it to set my DFW lens in my own lens nut. I got it from my dentist he gives me things from time to time, heck it's only fair I've put two of his children through college...

@ Jerry less than a drop.

Peace All Pyro... :eg:

I got some UV glue from ebay. Crap. Like they say, find a dentist with an "expired" bottle of glue. My 405 works in seconds with that and no fumes to damage lenses.
Remember, they have to dispose of expired product -- I if you get some, keep it in the frig - dark.

Mike

The stuff I have is OptiBond FL Item # 25882

Last edited:

Krutz

good hint about the "expire"!
will try!

how is the consistency? i guess its more kind of a paste, instead of more liquid glue or norland?

how about the nail-art stuff? should be pretty cheap, at least worth a try?

manuel

The glue I have is like a thin paste. About like the goo from an epoxy tube. Kind of off white in color.

Mike