Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Using a Vape/e-cig mod for power.

I have a few vape mod's laying around, couple single battery "pen" style and a single and dual battery "mod" style that have variable voltage/watt's.
They generally use 510 threaded cartridges/atomizers etc.

If i were to go through the work of soldering and affixing a laser module (8-12mm) to a base that can thread into the vape's and adjusted the voltage to ~3.7 or the required, would it work? And then be able to have quick change laser head's for lack of terms.

Only reason i am asking is the pen style ones are usb rechargeable (have to check voltage, its set) and the mods that use single/dual 18650's have variable voltage as well as battery capacity.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
As Wizard mentioned there has been a lot of info. regarding the mechanical mods being used as a power supply for our lasers.

One of the first and in depth threads was this one by DTR
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/the-dtr-le-adapter-v1.92612/

Many of us have made versions of these using the 22mm single 18650 mech mods.
I think Pman has also made some using the smaller pen size.

This is one of the units that I made a while back.
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/v3tronix-mech-mod-ndg700-build.101280/

These have been available for well over three years now. I believe Lifetime17 also machines mech mods for use with direct laser diodes. I haven't personally gotten into it as I don't like to be limited by size of my heat sink, but the ability to switch out laser heads is attractive to many here. There are several threads on doing this.

Hi,
I have made plenty of these 510 sinks in all variations . some pics

Rich:)fullsizeoutput_982.jpegfullsizeoutput_981.jpegfullsizeoutput_984.jpegfullsizeoutput_983.jpegfullsizeoutput_49a.jpegIMG_2729.JPG

Last edited:
What search terms are you guys using? Because i couldn't find anything other than a couple random post's off google.

thank you for all the replies

Last edited: