Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ushio Necsel 577nm 1W yellow

I'd love to see those photos, Styro. BTW, what is the styro short for? Styrene? Spent a semester making para substituted styrenes, then reacting them to make primary and secondary alcohols. It was a long time ago.

D

Deleted member 16589

I saw the display in person...it was pretty awesome. 1W lasers in 1nm increments from roughly 520nm to 560nm and a 577nm unit. ill post pictures later. I walked around with an LPF member (connor... can't remember his username here) and I think he got in for free. That kid knows a TON about scanners and he definitely impressed some of the vendors there.

That's Awesome you still in California? Send us some pics over on discord :p

Last edited by a moderator:
wow

'Tickets for general SPIE members are $895, and non-members $955'

I had no idea it was that spendy to go... TY for adding that--+rep
Too bad you cannot go... myb next time..len

For future reference, registration for the exhibition hall is free. The $895/$955 is for the SPIE conference. I attend the conference every year for work and the exhibition hall is any laser nerd's wet dream!

NecselIP.jpg

I bet they will have 577nm in small diodes pretty soon, hope so anyway, maybe need to get a bit more efficient 1st.

It says 1w QCW as in quasi CW so not really 100% duty cycle, it says 0.35w CW .....2.7vin @ 20a So lots of waste heat.

https://www.ushio.com/product/necsel-yellow-577-laser/

Last edited: