Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Updated: The Wavelength Thread

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Encap. :beer:
Feel free to add anything if it is missing.

jnrpop

Great work Curtis :) appreciate the time you have put into creating this thread, thanks :beer:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks, I might have to use your good work on the diode thread at some point to help fill in some of this thread if you don't mind. :)

btw..
Does this wavelenght coverage image miss an "Diode" from its title?

Diode%20800px.png

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well spotted. I use the same photoshop document for all the images. Just forgot to unhide the correct heading. Thanks. :)

jnrpop

Thanks, I might have to use your good work on the diode thread at some point to help fill in some of this thread if you don't mind. :)

Yes by all means please do :beer: , we can also place a link to each thread.
I was considering updating mine into a format similar to yours, alot easier when adding in info, instead i have to edit images/resize/re-insert which is a hassle.

J

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Tero, consider it updated. :)

Jnrpop, thanks a lot. Yep, links to each other sounds good. I started making a directory of diodes myself. I share what I have with you at some point.
I made the list on excel so I could easily edit it, and just recopy and paste it in. It just frustrates me that you can't do tables etc on this forum.

Lazeerer had a 615nm dpss system he demoed on YouTube somewhere... I'll look for that after work unless someone else beats me to it

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
615nm! :drool: I give that a research and add it on the list. Thank you. :)

Edit: It is a 1230nm Semiconductor doubled by PPLN. Thanks for the suggestion. :beer:
Edit 2: All updated. :)

Last edited:
WOW, Curtis! Thank you so very much for your Wavelength Magnum Opus. I’m so happy that your remarkably dedicated work will remain available for future reference as a sticky. I can hardly wait to be able to send you a well deserved +Rep. Please Take Care. :-D

-cd

Very nice work, Curtis. It is always nice to have another source for lasers we are looking for. Glad Tero stickied it.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
WOW, Curtis! Thank you so very much for your Wavelength Magnum Opus. I’m so happy that your remarkably dedicated work will remain available for future reference as a sticky. I can hardly wait to be able to send you a well deserved +Rep. Please Take Care. :-D

-cd
Thanks cd, be sure to also give the original thread owner a rep for me too. (Doubleone44)
:beer:

Crazy how much of the visible spectrum we have covered nowadays! :beer:

-Alex

I know, that’s exactly why I did this. To find out how close we are to full coverage. If I had included dyes and all dpss/opsl possible lines that spectrum probably would be complete.

Very nice work, Curtis. It is always nice to have another source for lasers we are looking for. Glad Tero stickied it.

Thanks Paul. :)

kecked

There is 266nm dpss I have one as well as 355nm. Don’t forget the new 565 and 575nm lasers we believe are dpss. Was not sure how far you want to go as there are lots more up and ir lasers and then masers and then thz lasers. Should at least add 976 and 1064. 808....nice job.

Would be cool to see it listed by cost/mw!

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Only lasers between 380-700nm are included as it is a visible laser list. I will consider broadening the range in the future as I already have some non-visible lasers logged. Just I think I’ve got enough to work with for the time being.
Also I already have the 565/575’s listed. ;)

As for price per mW, while I think that would be helpful. It would be very impractical to actually work out for some wavelengths. For instance, the most common dpss wavelength 532nm. What unit could I use to work it out? There are so many various units with different quality and value. The value I come up with could be useless.

Last edited:

GSS

Curtis, when you tried color coding each of the 100's of WL's:):eek: just what was it that the format didn't allow it??