Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Updated: Sterling Silver host. single 10440

Tabish

Hmm, it's interesting....I'm not a fan of the strange design though.

daguin

That's one of the cool things about aesthetics. Not everyone is going to like the look of something different or creative. I (and everyone else who has held it in their hand) love it.

Some will
Some won't
So what?

The most successful batters in baseball, are put "out", seven out of ten times at bat ;)

Peace,
dave

Aesthetics is something purely subjective. As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There will definitely be other hosts. As well as other patterns based off this basic host. The texture on it is done by hand, I tried to settle on something I could reproduce with fair efficiency and reasonable investment of time, but other patterns, no patterns, or custom patterns are definitely possible. Perhaps later designs will appeal to others. If not, oh well. :D That's the thing with art. There is no single piece of art that will appeal to everyone. All I can do is try.

As for comments on the battery capacity. If you don't like the capacity on this one, perhaps later lasers will appeal to you more. For now the 10440s will be the first host available. I haven't given up on larger size batteries. However the cost of them increases rapidly as they get thicker. Silver is simply not cheap.

Very nice work. My personal preference would be a little spendy. I think one that is a plain cylinder for 3/4 of the length and round concentric cooling fins on the 1/4 where the LD is fitted. Done with a diameter and length accepting an 18650. Kudos on your hard work!

Awesome...free bump for this nice design host!
Would be a nice christmas present ;)

Last edited:

jimdt7

The first silver host that i have ever seen !!

It looks very sexy !!

daguin

My SridAst silver laser is the only laser that my wife actually likes ;)

She WOULD like it better if it was "purple" light :whistle:

Peace,
dave

Last edited: