Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Updated! Firefly 589nm DL Review!

I got in contact with dragonlasers, they said the best they could do is 10% discount at 10 pieces, meaning 378$ per laser before shipping. So, not 200$ diference like with the CNI GB, but still less. And lets be honest, 400$ for 50-80mW of 589 is really good anyway.

I feel like that's the best they can do because these are already cheaper than I remember 589's ever being. Plus a lot of us were already thinking of getting these :takeit:

I'm ordering mine when I get home I wish I could have it for the VA meet the 7th

IsaacT

Yeah, 380 as opposed to 1200 from CNI? That is one hell of a deal. Also, the beam specs should be better and they should be more stable with only slightly less power.

Last edited:
Yeah wasnt the cni 589 80mw a pen? Better host with the spartan for stability I'd th ink and etc

Last edited:
Couldn't resist, just bought one. Isaac, next time I come through Austin we will have to compare our wands.

IsaacT

OMG I just absolutely love the yellow! I am green with envy! I gotta get one but with my luck, health Canada would grab it on me!

Ask Dragon Lasers if they can guarantee delivery to Canada. They did for USA.

Keep it PG :wtf:
:D

Yeah, I should have clarified that for all the dirty minded folks out there that might read something bad into that....I meant to say yellow emitting wands. Hope that clarifies things....

I'm in rare form today, I know Isaac likes a good laugh every now and then.

Peace!

Last edited:

IsaacT

Yeah, I should have clarified that for all the dirty minded folks out there that might read something bad into that....I meant to say yellow emitting wands. Hope that clarifies things....

I'm in rare form today, I know Isaac likes a good laugh every now and then.

Peace!

You're an MD. *censored*

Last edited:
Do you really want to start down this road now? Maybe I should end it here before we all have to make a trip to the confessional....

There was a degree of seriousness to my passing through Austin comment. It would be cool to get all our combined exotics out one night. There's some cool pictures to be taken with lasers in and around Austin.

IsaacT

There was a degree of seriousness to my passing through Austin comment. It would be cool to get all our combined exotics out one night. There's some cool pictures to be taken with lasers in and around Austin.

Interestingly enough, my collection has dwindled somewhat as far as exotics go. The custom 473 I built now belongs to Brucemir; no regrets, and my high powered 532 now belongs to you :p No regrets there either, as it funded directly my 589nm laser purchase. I have a 690 module waiting for a host, but the wavelength is not highly visible. Then of course my multiline Argon but I can't exactly cart that around. Still, I am sure I will be adding more to my collection soon :)

-----------------------------

UPDATE: I have added more pictures to the OP. Go check 'em out :)

PS - Censored my previous statement. Sometimes....I should think before I type LOL

Last edited:
yes...I was reading that at work and was lauging so hard my friend wanted to know what was up! and I look forward to seeing what you do with the 680nm. wondering if anyone will go for the 690nm diode...maybe I'll just build another laser with it...people don't seem to want materials at the moment...

I saw that first new pic before I read the info on them above it and I was like...

:huh: That's how bright it is during the daytime! :thinking: