Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Update on why i have been absent for so long.

Hey guys. I am still a fairly new member here but when I first joined I was very active in the forums and made a few new friends (which I am extremely grateful for). Then suddenly I disappeared for a while and I just want to include everyone on why I was missing for as long as I was. I started having some pretty serious health problems and put off going to the doctor for months. When in finally became unbearable I went to the emergency room and after some testing I found out I had a large mass on my kidneys which was impeding my kidney function a great deal. I had a biopsy done and found out it was precancerous so it had to be removed as soon as possible. I went in for a pretty major surgery a few weeks ago which seemed to go fine. After about 5 days I was sent home but unfortunately after being home for a couple days I had some complications and had to go back to the hospital. I was there for another 2 weeks after that but I am home now. I have a long recovery ahead of me and some hardships to deal with because I was out of work for so long but I'm alive and that's all that matters. Another thing I want to address is how great of a person Lifetime17 is. He has been in contact with me throughout this entire process and has helped me so much. I had him do a build for me before I got sick and when I got home I had some issues with it which were my fault and he went so far above and beyond to help make sure I had a working laser and I just want to thank him publically for everything he has done. Any new members here if your interested in having something built please contact him because he does amazing work he has great prices and most importantly he is an great person. I cannot thank him enough for everything.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I’m sorry to hear about your health troubles. I sincerely hope you get well soon. As for Rich, yes he is a great guy. Many respect him here. He’s also a talented builder. (y)
Take care X!

Thank you so much everyone. I am overwhelmed with the generosity and caring this community has shown me. I will definitely pay it forward in one form or another.

GSS

Welcome back:)

So sorry about your issue's. Hope everyday gets a little better and the surgery was success..
I wouldn't doubt it a bit about Rich.. They don't come better than him. ;)
Thanks for sharing..

Welcome back:)

So sorry about your issue's. Hope everyday gets a little better and the surgery was success..
I wouldn't doubt it a bit about Rich.. They don't come better than him. ;)
Thanks for sharing..
Yeah rich is an amazing person. I am so grateful for everything he has done for me that's for sure

You had me worried a bit brother.. PMs went back and forth.. you picked out your next laser then... off the grid--I knew that was not good..
I feel many at LPF were happy with you being with us....I know I did. (& still am of course)

about Lifetime-- once I learned he was now in contact with you... I felt less worried--he was the best man for that job!!
I was able to hang onto that JL 520 1W Pro PL-E -- absolutely n/p if you need to wait.. but I will need to sell it sometime soon.

You had me worried a bit brother.. PMs went back and forth.. you picked out your next laser then... off the grid--I knew that was not good..
I feel many at LPF were happy with you being with us....I know I did. (& still am of course)

about Lifetime-- once I learned he was now in contact with you... I felt less worried--he was the best man for that job!!
I was able to hang onto that JL 520 1W Pro PL-E -- absolutely n/p if you need to wait.. but I will need to sell it sometime soon.
Yeah unfortunately I have to say go ahead and sell it. Im on the verge of loosing my apartment because I have been out of work for so long and havent gotten any disability or any sort of income coming in at this point. So I have to worry about somehow keeping a roof over me and my 2 sons head rather than buying any more lasers at this point

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. I hope this will teach you to not procrastinate when it comes to your health. I can't say what early detection may have spared you, but some people wait far too long and suffer needlessly because of that. I hope things turn around for you soon. Take care.