Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UPDATE! NEW PICS! Checking Back In, a Couple Pictures

IsaacT

Thanks guys!

I am shooting with a Nikon D750 and a Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G lens. Those most recent images are panoramas done by stitching 5 vertical images.

Shutter speed was 20 seconds
Aperture f/2.8
ISO 1250
Focal Length 24mm

You have to take special care to take each image one after another with no gaps in between as the sky is constantly moving

Yeah, nice set-up. I'm running a Nikon D5300 with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Paid more for the glass then the body.

D

Deleted member 16589

Thanks guys!

I am shooting with a Nikon D750 and a Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G lens. Those most recent images are panoramas done by stitching 5 vertical images.

Shutter speed was 20 seconds
Aperture f/2.8
ISO 1250
Focal Length 24mm

You have to take special care to take each image one after another with no gaps in between as the sky is constantly moving

what do you use to stitch you panoramas I use Hugin for mine

14798721866_c5b2bf6236_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vision

I use Lightroom 6. It is surprisingly better and faster than photoshop for panoramas

Great pictures!

Well, I'd personally recommend something like Maya or 3DS Max. Being used to do complex compositions, I love how it instantly stiches pictures and videos. But hey, not everyone is a VFX artist. :D

Pman

Just beautiful my friend. I would say you made the right decision in your hobby switch;)

IsaacT

Got some more shots in two nights ago on top of Enchanted Rock in Texas. Saw a mountain lion and heard tons of coyotes. eek! But it was worth it. In the one of just the milky way you will notice the meteor in the top left of the frame.

D

Deleted member 16589

I use Lightroom 6. It is surprisingly better and faster than photoshop for panoramas

Cool I did not know lightroom had Panorama tools.
and yea Photoshop photo-merge sucks.
I don't have Light Room Ill have to find someone who does and try it.
I use Hugin because its free :D and works better than photomerge

Got some more shots in two nights ago on top of Enchanted Rock in Texas. Saw a mountain lion and heard tons of coyotes. eek! But it was worth it. In the one of just the milky way you will notice the meteor in the top left of the frame.

Nice enchanted rock is actually tagged in my google earth My Places bucket list folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the bottom pic. Looks so peaceful and serene just sitting there. Sigh....I haven't been out in nature at night with some coherent light in a long time. I hate this apartment living.

Man, that milky way shot came out clean! You're just using a tripod with the longest exposure you can do without tracing, correct? Because it almost looks like you're using a telescope tracking assembly.

Absolutely beautiful pictures!!
I'm jealous of that Milky Way view, such a great shot would never be possible for me and my beginners D3300 and living so close to Chicago, the light pollution is horrible and only a few stars are visible even on clear nights :cryyy: