Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Underspec Dragon Lasers Spartan 589nm "50mW" - buyer beware!

Yeah im sure they gonna put up a negative review on a laser that is not exactly cheap and it would say underspec and that they lied to a customer... if i were you i would never bother with them again.

See post below :(

Need a new mouse and keyboard... (clicks too easy)

Last edited:
Interesting. The more I read about them the more it looks like they deserve to be on the hit list. A la wicked lasers, almost...

Wicked lasers is stepping up... Dragon lasers is going down...

400mW hulk ultra wich i bought back in the day ($800 figure) .. got a replacement etc... etc.. Tem03 maybe even tem04 seemed normal with them ^^ (same jimbo jumbo talk as topic starter say's anno 2014)

Never will i buy from Dragon Lasers again directly .... Crooked spartan beams, burned plastic lenses etc.. etc..
Sure it can happen... but when you want something better .. expect a reply like this from them...
I gave the hulk away for free to a forum member, becouse i was about to throw it into the bin.

Last edited:
Wicked lasers is stepping up... Dragon lasers is going down...

perhaps it is the case. I realise I may have been a bit mean when I called you a WL shill in recent threads... although I still find it hard to trust them. Their 635nm beam corrected looks tempting, though.

wl dont seem that much better to me.. doubt they will be as good as they were many years before they went downhill...

Smeerworst haha it takes me half the evening going through your list of laser collection impressive.

Last edited:

gozert

I completely agree with Dragonlasers being a bad company in this case. But I can't say they're a bad company overall. Literally every company has it's flaws at certains points. The thing is though, it's easy to say a company is bad based on a couple bad experiences. 9 out of 10 times a user doesn't make a thread about how good their laser is, because there's isn't much to say about it other than it being great. With bad/underspec lasers however, people tend to make a thread/complaint about it way more easily because it doesn't function like advertised.

I'm really sorry for the laser they sent you, which shouldn't have happened in the first place. But let's not say Dragonlasers is a bad company, because there have been more than enough units that were overspec and of good quality.

Pman

^^ your list is impressive:) Multiply that # by a few;) lol but no 589nm:(

I completely agree with Dragonlasers being a bad company in this case. But I can't say they're a bad company overall. Literally every company has it's flaws at certains points. The thing is though, it's easy to say a company is bad based on a couple bad experiences. 9 out of 10 times a user doesn't make a thread about how good their laser is, because there's isn't much to say about it other than it being great. With bad/underspec lasers however, people tend to make a thread/complaint about it way more easily because it doesn't function like advertised.

I'm really sorry for the laser they sent you, which shouldn't have happened in the first place. But let's not say Dragonlasers is a bad company, because there have been more than enough units that were overspec and of good quality.

I wouldn't have posted this if they had replaced my laser. They even got to the point of admitting all the lasers in their stock were underspec. At this price range the laser has to be as advertised or buyers are going to get seriously pissed off.

Lots of people got lucky and received way overspec lasers (there are many reviews of the good ones), but I'm not the first to receive an underspec either.

The point is - are you (or anyone else, for that matter) willing to gamble $400?

gozert

I wouldn't have posted this if they had replaced my laser. They even got to the point of admitting all the lasers in their stock were underspec. At this price range the laser has to be as advertised or buyers are going to get seriously pissed off.

Lots of people got lucky and received way overspec lasers (there are many reviews of the good ones), but I'm not the first to receive an underspec either.

The point is - are you (or anyone else, for that matter) willing to gamble $400?

You're very right about this not being handled properly, but like you just said. You wouldn't have made a post about this if it had functioned like it should, which happens very often. Of course you are not the first, but I'm pretty sure there are many more people that received good lasers from them than those that received underspec lasers.

I'm not standing in your shoes, so I'm not sure if I would go through the hassle of sending it back, as I still think it's a good company.

Last edited:
Good company compared to what? I've bought lasers from a lot of companies, forum users and ebay sellers. So far DL was the company that left me the most unsatisfied.

For crying out loud, back in the day I received a full refund from DX from a DOA item and they didn't even ask me to return the item.

To each their own. If you don't mind gambling $400 go ahead and order one. 589nm is surely a nice color ;)

Edit: it's not just the hassle of sending it back, it's the risk that they'd scam me like they did with rhd (link is on OP).

Last edited:

gozert

Good company compared to what? I've bought lasers from a lot of companies, forum users and ebay sellers. So far DL was the company that left me the most unsatisfied.

For crying out loud, back in the day I received a full refund from DX from a DOA item and they didn't even ask me to return the item.

To each their own. If you don't mind gambling $400 go ahead and order one. 589nm is surely a nice color ;)

Edit: it's not just the hassle of sending it back, it's the risk that they'd scam me like they did with rhd (link is on OP).

I can't imagine how they can just go ahead and scam you, especially since you've bought the laser with a credit card or paypal. And like I said before, your experience isn't the same as many others. When you say a company is bad, is doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad company based on just your experience. I've had bad experiences with a few companies in my country too, yet I've had friends saying they were amazing.

Edit: About "scamming" you out of your full refund. Their site actually says "If you are not completely satisfied with your product, you may return it within 7 days of receipt for a full refund minus shipping cost". So even though this should not be how it works, it is how they do it. I can hardly call it a scam since they state this in their warranty policy. http://www.dragonlasers.com/Warranty-Information.html

Anyways, opinions differ. Hope luck will be on your side if you ever decide to get another 589nm.

Last edited: