Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Unboxing and review of Hyperion LPM and new drivers from astralist.

THB I was thinking that the box was lost forever--He handed it to EMS on aug 1-- and it was held/lost since Sept 8 in NY coz of Harvery-- only one scan..
after giving some time I filed a lost package and hunkered down for more waiting-- costing me sales--and in general making me look shakey.

I was wrong about the scans as the box shows still lost on-line BUT appeared in my mailbox -- today-
no need to sign.. and sent from RCB -'land' Atlanta-- at first I thought RCB sent me a gift..

well that is behind me now.

The items were sealed in ESD bags with lots of bubble wrap in SMALL BOX but I think the goods were re-boxed by USPS Atlanta.

I am no huge fan of 'padded envelopes' having found many items damaged.

This is my end goal==
DR Chuck and Gray ,so far, look agreeable to adding the Hyperion to their stores and AixiZ wants to sell the drivers AND the JL Yamataka (to LEOs only)

From AixiZ you pay the same but myb a tad less on $hipping along with quicker/safer insured delivery and the added AixiZ warranty.. just like Gray at JL, Chuck is heavy on customer happiness.

Those outside USA/Canada can buy the meters from JL (or astralist) and upgrades to 20W will be done by AxiZ/me.

you need to choose the sensor coating used depending upon max reads(@$75)== this way you can upgrade at any time for another $75==BUT if you opt for the wrong sensor you may need to buy another.

The trade-off IMHO is trivial-- as it only effects the reading of very low powers.

Handy but most already have meters that read low powers well.

BBL with my pics and more.:angel:

Last edited:

RESERVED for more pics-and member list for a big initial order aka GB.

Unless told otherwise you will be getting $75 HYPERION LPMs with sensor for 20Wmax. or for $150 it will come that way..

Those in or near Jakarta, Indonesia can arrange local pick-up.

note that these come w/ free graphing soft and a app for making balanced white IIRC...

THANX FOR READING..Hak

Need 6 more Hyperion buyers to place order for 10 pcs. You can go ahead and get the $150 version that reads 20W max.

Shipping cost (CONUS only plz) will $6.80 (insured and tracked usps) PLUS 1/10 of the cost to get them here in TEXAS and PP fee. (not much)
all will be $75 version with Sensor coating ready to upgrade to ~20W (when you want) if you do not tell me otherwise.
PM for more or spot on waiting list.

ATM I do not have any update on the enclosures --Astralist has the material and the 3D but lacking extra time IMO--I am making my own.
ALSO I can only hope more LPMs will be made for the forums.. don't wait.

PM if you want a 20W NOW!! have LINK FOR YOU.

Last edited:
Glad it finally showed up, Len. Can't really blame the hold up on astralist as he had nothing to do with the hurricane. Looking froward to your review and some photos. :yh:

absolutely

Astralist stayed in touch and had already offered to send another one. I replied that of he does send again AND the first order finally came in that I will pay for the 2nd order (of course)

I lay blame myself for the delayed payment and the rest is all on HARVEY. lol

Encap

absolutely

Astralist stayed in touch and had already offered to send another one. I replied that of he does send again AND the first order finally came in that I will pay for the 2nd order (of course)

I lay blame myself for the delayed payment and the rest is all on HARVEY. lol

So you want 10 people to buy them at $75 same as astralist charges and shipping will be $6.80--buying from astralist is $12 for registered airmail--so saving is $5.20?

Astralist reports yesterday that the meter is sold out and supplier gone and some parts are no longer available form his suppliers?
Are their 10 complete still available?
see post 194 here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/hyperion-laser-power-meter-sale-2w-6w-20w-version-98208-13.html

Last edited:

Benm

you need to choose the sensor coating used depending upon max reads(@$75)== this way you can upgrade at any time for another $75==BUT if you opt for the wrong sensor you may need to buy another.

With the default sesnsor it's only a matter of software really, the lowest price cuprum unit is identical to the argentum on in every hardware aspect.

This may be different if you opt for a higher power sensor that doesnt have the absorbtive coating on it so you can read much higher power levels.

This is the second time USPS doesn't give a US local tracking completely.
Luckily, when the first time it happened, the buyer post the picture in my thread, although the tracking says that the package still on it's way after released from customs.
Hence i knew that the package was actually delivered safely.

All package are insured, but you'll never know if there are some impatient or even a rogue buyer which will disputes me through paypal even though the package is received (but the tracking says not)

If that happened, luckily enough the paypal will weave any dispute/claim of goods "item not received" if i'm giving them the proof of shipment for <$750 valued package (though i never experienced getting a dispute). FYI this policy are for Indonesia, said paypal.
After that i'll come to post office to claim the refund/value of insured package.

For the sold out LPM:
I'm working on it. :beer:

With the default sesnsor it's only a matter of software really, the lowest price cuprum unit is identical to the argentum on in every hardware aspect.

This may be different if you opt for a higher power sensor that doesnt have the absorbtive coating on it so you can read much higher power levels.

I did and that only added a short time to the wait. I messed up the PayPal addy.. so that caused more dely my bad.. and Harvey sure was no help.. to those on my '
'maybe' a GB list--sorry.:cryyy:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

update..I am still going to try a buy of ten pcs when become available.. I/We have 'spot in line'..
I am not lowering the price I ask-- feel free to buy at Ebay- the 20W is $25 to ship plus $199.00

on my buy it would be $150 plus insured tracked USPS.. 6.80 PLUS 1/10 of cost to ship here and pp fees.

I think this is a fair price.. I just went thru some bad days from sept 8 to yesterday when my meter with no advance notice was delivered (in new box) by USPS and no sig asked. It was shipped Aug 1. Moroons in NY cant look anything up..I was able read it all and any part not clear could be fixed quick -search area code for my city.. not rocket surgery . BUT I am blessed that it was sent on to me... so 'it is what it etc etc'

Until you know from experiencing many ....GBs are not ALWAYS simple= I vowed to never do another after LaserKing screwed me and my buyers around.. I made it right.. so GB host not always a fun thing.

PM for the getting on my list= 6 slots SEE OP LIST REVIVED!
your choice $75 or $150--

more coming on this awesome and super fast meter-zero to 1599mW in 4 or 5 seconds.. and the peak reading stays.
Look for the Astral LPMs & drivers soon at AixiZ and maby even at JL...

UP DATE-- SEE op

Last edited:
I just want to clarify that i sent the LPM with small box, board wrapped with anti static, and all things inside the box are wrapped in bubble wrap.

It's not USPS who re-box the package.

Last edited:
Yes
could be your box too..--
they remove the original outside label and put theirs on.
return address is:
MAIL RECOVERY CENTER-REWRAP
BOX 44161
ALANTA---
POLITE note inside- saying

Dear Postal Customer

Your mail piece was undeliverable as addressed at a postal delivery unit
and sent to a MRC for subsequent handling.....
opened for alternate address ..to forward/

For Safety of our customers, it is policy of MRC remove all perishables ==..non-mailable items before returning..
we appreciate ...
Lionel A. Snow
manager
MRC
Atlanta..

good to know that's what they do.

I was expecting another box--so wow--LPM is here!!

so opening it was a surprise--tracking day before had not been updated ... ( no updates since sept 8 scan NYC ?? < that's weird. btw

all ended OK --delays happen
blame it on Harvey..lol
we shall carry on.

hak

Len you need to write in full Grammar sentences.
I can hardly understand what you are saying in
your Posts.

I keep coming here to see the Review stated in
the tittle but to no avail....:cryyy:

Jerry

Last edited:
Sorry J
at 70....

try saying what you read aloud..

I try to edit every time and hearing errors comes better/ easier when I hear my words.

have no extra time --sorry- tic toc

and replying to other stuff takes away more of my time.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

AixiZ was very impressed yesterday ...wants 10 pcs to start WHEN they are available.
His CNI LPM (ophir) only reads green lasers- we compared readings on some and they were very close.
It took < 8 seconds to peek out a 1400mW JL 462.. max peek was 1599.05mW . sweet.

ASAP I will set up to compare readings with 3 other LPMs and take pics....been thru some tough times lately but nothing like LV... I cannot watch anymore of that-- depressing..