Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorial: Yellow Pointer Project - Cool!

jayrob

news for you jayrob: green + blue laser on DX DealExtreme: $35.50 2-in-1 5mW 532nm Green + 5mW 405nm Blue Laser Pen (2*23A). maybe you can do the same thing, but to get a turquoise laser. from dx:
- Features a 5mW 532nm Green + 5mW 405nm Blue Laser
- Two buttons on the side activates each laser individually
- Supports dual laser mode
:)

Thanks for the link!

I have to honestly say that I don't want to even think about making another one of these...

In fact, I'm not even willing to make the tip and cap any longer.

Because it's just really difficult to get perfect alignment using turning mirrors in such a tight space. I really don't recommend trying it with this small of a set up.

I only showed it because as rog8811 says, 'it can be done'. And since I spent so much time getting it right, I had to show it. But man it's a pain!

Last edited:

haha, no problem. :D

btw, your yellow laser pointer is very cool, I have to say. Even being a pain to get perfect alignment... it is very inexpensive compared to a real yellow pointer :)

Fivos

one question. the green laser is fixed focus so the beam is too small but the red has a fat beam. the yellow color won't be so perfect... right???

Fivos

because I want to use some pbs cubes that I got from 2 phr-803t sleds.. Will a ~ 200mw red laser and a 30mw green laser do a perfect match?

If those are in fact the powers, that might be a little on the orange side.

mmykle

Does anyone have an empty GGW 6X sled laying around? I'll buy the sled, or just the little glass piece used in this tutorial for a few bucks. Or I can trade you a PHR sled. Respond, PM, or Email me, thanks!

HIMNL9

because I want to use some pbs cubes that I got from 2 phr-803t sleds.. Will a ~ 200mw red laser and a 30mw green laser do a perfect match?

Not with PBS, but with the dichro from a PHR sled, you can do it (those dichros pass green and reflect red and BR, so you can use them both for a cyan or for a yellow combine ;))

tony1

Dear Jayrob,

You have really taken a lot of pain and used your valuable time to come up with this tutorial on yellow laser. You were right it is not easy. After reading your tutorial I just want to give up.
Your tutorial job is a great work of art, metal as well as electronic.
I really appreciate all the clear step by step photos. I never thought someone will attempt this. but you did it.
Your tutorial will not go to waste because deep inside me my heart tells me not to give up. So I will try my best and will let you know how I am handling it.

Thank you Jayrob
Tana

jayrob

Dear Jayrob,

You have really taken a lot of pain and used your valuable time to come up with this tutorial on yellow laser. You were right it is not easy. After reading your tutorial I just want to give up.
Your tutorial job is a great work of art, metal as well as electronic.
I really appreciate all the clear step by step photos. I never thought someone will attempt this. but you did it.
Your tutorial will not go to waste because deep inside me my heart tells me not to give up. So I will try my best and will let you know how I am handling it.

Thank you Jayrob
Tana

Hope it turns out good! Post back and show pictures! :beer:

nikosb

Where can the dichroic mirrors be obtained besides taking them off a sled? What specific dichroic mirrors are required?