Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Transmission line climb

Off subject of Laser but I wanted to share.

This is a great clip! It was taken off YouTbe for a while, not sure why, but it is back up.

I do high steel rigging for Rock&Roll shows in the summer and end up in some pretty strange, high up areas...but Nothing at these heights!

WARNING!
Those who have a fear of heights may not want to watch!:eg:

As a HAM, I have the uptmost respect and admiration for tower monkeys. I could not ever do what they do. I get nervous 10ft off the ground unless I have a safety. (I've welded 60ft up in the air, but I had one arm locked in place around a T brace and a 10ft safety line tied to my belt. That was nerve racking as hell.)

Blord

Respect for the guys. It will be hilarious if they just need to swap the light bulb on the top :D

That's what they are doing replacing the light bulb :crackup:

That's a hell of a climb for a light bulb.

Last edited:
I hear tell they make around $12-15 per hour for their work.

Its funny, at 4min's he says...."now we reach the Base of the antenna, just 60 more feet to the top":thinking:

Benm

I suppose its a job like any other, unless you are affraid of heights. The images are vertigo inducing, but safety wise this isnt the worst job in the world at all.

As far as safety is concerned it doesnt really matter if you fall down 50 or 500 meters, you'll be just as dead. Numerous construction workers fall to their death every year, but luckily antenna workers get better safety gear in the developed world :)

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
fear of heights combined with fear of electricity for this one

Last edited:
I'v seen a few of these Russian made video's of people climbing tall industrial structures. I'm not afraid of heights but I know I'm not interested in an arch of 230,000V from that wire!

I don't have a fear of heights per say... as in I want to go skydiving, and absolutely lover roller coasters, but these videos are definitely anxiety inducing.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
@ InfinitusEquitas

my wife actually went on that ride in vegas, she said it was pretty crazy

skydiving...parachute fail. saved at last minute... then powerlines.. can't get more unlucky

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
- hanglider gets stuck in powerlines, and lives