Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Torch Flashlight

Wow they say it can even cook an egg! That would be cool to be able to cook an egg with a flashlight. I think it's a little too expensive for me for a flashlight though but I wouldn't mind having one. I remember many years ago someone did an experiment where they cooked an egg with only two cell phones, i think it took a couple of hours but after that I always wondered if it's safe to hold your phone to your head for long periods of time.

Alan

GR3EN

I own a WL torch. They are actually nice build quality and the built in charging port is nice. And yes it does get very hot. Enough so to start fires. Downfalls are short battery life and if used for more than 60 seconds continuously the host itself begins to get very hot to the touch.

USAbro

I only posted cause it was a little cheaper there. I'm sure everyone knows what it is.

joeyss

I got a 85 watt HID for christmass and it was cheaper than the torch. The 4100 claim is bs cause the bulb would have to be over driven to hell and then you'll get like 200 hours out of it. If you Want something fun buy a 250 W halogen aircraft landing light that runs on 12 or 24v. They're like $15 the most and they have amazing focus.

The 4100 claim is bs cause the bulb would have to be over driven to hell and then you'll get like 200 hours out of it.

That's exactly what they're doing, though. 200 hours is a lot in a flashlight, and replacement lamps are $2.

GR3EN

Its more of a handheld floodlight than a flashlight. Pretty much no focus to it.

Since we are on the subject of it. Beam shot I guess. Kind of.

315n2a8.jpg

Pman

Interesting flashlight but I'm more interested in seeing how your 589nm performs when you get it GR;) I almost pulled the trigger on one many times but was always too edgy about the output and customs. Stinks that China is in holiday now too. Did you pay for fast shipping?
The one I have from Isaac output jumps around quite a bit but at least I have one (unless he decides he wants it back).

GR3EN

Interesting flashlight but I'm more interested in seeing how your 589nm performs when you get it GR;) I almost pulled the trigger on one many times but was always too edgy about the output and customs. Stinks that China is in holiday now too. Did you pay for fast shipping?
The one I have from Isaac output jumps around quite a bit but at least I have one (unless he decides he wants it back).

I only paid for normal shipping. DL only has one shipping speed. I inquired about the holiday though and they said it shouldn't affect the overall shipping time by much. They said I should expect it by the end of the month, but as always we will see. If it even makes it through customs *fingers crossed* but with their guarantee I figured it won't hurt to try.

I was worried about output as well with some reviews of under powered units. But the way I look at it is a 5mw pen is $319 so even if say the 50mw is underpowered to about 30mw. The price per mw is worth it in this case. A 30mw cni pgl is more in price and can't be shipped to the u.s. I'm just trying to look at things optimistically I guess and hope for the best lol.

As far as output fluctuation it just comes with the territory for 589 in general from my understanding. There will never be a definite steady output mw. I spent the time and literally read every single 589nm laser thread and review before I pulled the trigger so id be sure of what to expect and that is that every one is different and has a personality. I need to purchase an LPM after I'm sure I get it so I can do a proper review on it.

And to keep things kind of relevant. It is an interesting flashlight indeed. I have used it many times. It lights up large areas very nicely at night.

Last edited:

USAbro

200 hours is plenty for a light that only runs for 15 minutes on one charge, but the fact that the batteries are custom with a thermometer doesn't thrill me.

joeyss

i have a 250w halogen 24v that was a made from a BTU magic Scorpion
side%20view%202_zpskivznlaz.jpg

is it a airplane landing light?

those things are amazing i dropped it twice and nothing broke.

I have 24 volt 250 landing light that's why im asking.

is it a airplane landing light?

those things are amazing i dropped it twice and nothing broke.

I have 24 volt 250 landing light that's why im asking.

No unfortunately, but i am sure it will take a drop. where did you get your landing light?