Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Too Soon for Oil Spill Humor?

daguin

I know it is too soon for some of you, but I laughed my a$$ off

Peace,
dave

It was funny Dave... but I'm still watching for some of that
Gulf oil to wash up in the shores of Montreal Island before
BP figures out what to do...:whistle:

@FML.....

That reminds me of the old Monty Python skits...:D

Jerry

Last edited:
I particularly liked the Kevin Costner solution... LOL

My sincere condolences to any members in the affected area. This debacle is supremely tragic.

Good luck,

CC

I find it hard to believe there was no back up plan, and they cant do anything to fix it in a timely matter. The conspiracy side of my mind says they are getting Obama back for stopping off-shore drilling in the gulf.

*sigh* Reports say it could be 40,000 barrels a day, instead of 19,000...until the day I die I will curse BP for this.

But those videos were pretty funny.

I find it hard to believe there was no back up plan, and they cant do anything to fix it in a timely matter. The conspiracy side of my mind says they are getting Obama back for stopping off-shore drilling in the gulf.

Well I heard on a report that a safety device worth $500,000.00
that could have shut the well down was not installed to save the
$500K....

Sure seems like that was a good plan to save money....:whistle:

Jerry

Hilarious video. Maybe too soon for some, but hilarious.

One, Obama approved of more off-shore drilling before this happened, and only limited drilling after it happened.

Two, not only was Obama the single largest recipient of BP campaign contributions in the last election, Obama is the largest recipient of BP campaign money in the last TWENTY YEARS. They're not after Obama, Obama is literally their favorite politician in 2 decades, if you're going by how much money they contribute to campaigns.

Three, ALL of the disaster planning is based on prevention. An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure, and believe it or not, they've thrown POUNDS of prevention at these wells. Even without yet-another switch (mentioned below), they had multiple "fail-safes" in place to prevent a blowout. ALL of their work goes into preventing blow-outs, because a blow-out actually happening is their #1 worse case scenario. But the worst case happens, and their multiple back-up plans were not able to prevent the blowout.

Well I heard on a report that a safety device worth $500,000.00
that could have shut the well down was not installed to save the
$500K....

Sure seems like that was a good plan to save money....:whistle:

Jerry

All that was was another switch to close a valve, a valve which already had multiple methods of closing it, that all already failed to close it. Adding another switch on your broken garage door still isn't going to make your garage door close if it's not the switch that is broken.

Last edited: