Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tiny Pots?

robjdixon said:
Edit:
And also, how do you get these amazing patterns:
dscn6321.jpg
I don't know if anyone has commented on that, but since its my picture I can tell you that the factor that contributed the most to that picture was a long exposure time :p.

That picture was three lasers (20mW green, 5mW red, 100mW blu-ray) all pointing into the same spirograph (held down using tape/sticky tac). It looked ok in person but the exposure was along the lines of 1/4s so the pattern will fill out a lot more and become more complex (In person it just looked like a figure 8 spinning fastish).

I find that lasers almost always look better in photos.

Just a quick question. Does anyone know how much (approx.)shipping to canada is for a few small parts from digikey. They don't say.

JLSE

jamilm9 said:
Just a quick question. Does anyone know how much (approx.)shipping to canada is for a few small parts from digikey. They don't say.

Its like 8$ no matter what quantity you order.. But the parts arrive so quick, its almost teleported to your door :)

691175002 said:
[quote author=robjdixon link=1239133171/0#5 date=1239136192]
Edit:
And also, how do you get these amazing patterns:
dscn6321.jpg
I don't know if anyone has commented on that, but since its my picture I can tell you that the factor that contributed the most to that picture was a long exposure time  :p.

That picture was three lasers (20mW green, 5mW red, 100mW blu-ray) all pointing into the same spirograph (held down using tape/sticky tac).  It looked ok in person but the exposure was along the lines of 1/4s so the pattern will fill out a lot more and become more complex (In person it just looked like a figure 8 spinning fastish).

I find that lasers almost always look better in photos.[/quote]

Thanks for the help.