Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Ti-B 132mw Review!

Thanks Encap, I think that's the best option to do as well, I only fear what it costs and time it takes to ship something to china. I will shoot him an email asap!

Thanks again

Gamefreak3333---great review!

I agree the Ti host is a thing of beauty and the slightly sharp crown edges are fine/no problem---the machining work qualifies it as a mechanical artwork---the knurling is especially nice and not easy to do in Ti.

Looks like an alignment problem of some sort rather than a TEM mode hoping problem.

Not sure what is what with current production but I would email Grey at JetLasers directly and ask him if it is possible to get your TiB adjusted so it does not do that or alternatively exchange for one/for him to pick one for you, that is better and does not do that. I just checked my TiB 532, 150mw and does not have the problem you report at any point during the focus range--just perfect round dot --bigger or smaller.

It is a small hassle to pack and send it back to China but if he can give you one that functions better than the one you have then it is worth the effort to be 100% comfortable with and about your purchase.

Email him at: jetlasers@gmail.com and include the photos you took or have him view this thread

Thanks Encap- I dont think Gamefreak and I are done trying to work this out. So going to Gray ATM is premature.

Thanks Encap, I think that's the best option to do as well, I only fear what it costs and time it takes to ship something to china. I will shoot him an email asap!

Thanks again

Filling out all the forms needed to send this back is a PITA- there seems to be barely enough room to include the entire address-

There is more than one form to fill out and many times they will ask you to fill out another.

BUT more importantly is what you put on the customs forms for contents and value- do this wrong and the laser may get seized- or cause JL to pay a lot in duty and worse --not get to JL at all.

IMHO the majority of my collection will have a few artifacts when going thru the entire focus range- I don't like them but they also do not really cause me great concern. Your suggestion may be good but two factors must be considered- No new ones are being made- The choices are very limited- and the price is already about 50% off SMRP. of 220$

So I guess it kinda boils down to do I want one bad enough to overlook the faint artifacts and get a very discounted price. Or not own one at all.

I have several here in stock and AFAIK none are perfect.

hk

Encap

Of course is up to you and gamefreak333 to sort out between yourselves if possible--maybe one you have in stock but have not tested is a better example

Yes the new clearance price is very low, about half suggested retail price however nothing in the descriptions say that the units on sale have slight or any problems ---that they are seconds or anything like that----so is not crazy that someone expects a first quality 100% unit for the money. After all he did not set the clearance price.

My only thought is that if you don't have any better or much better in stock--you mentioned,in one post, you checked several and all had some problem over tha focus range and in post number #211 of the following thread on 3 July Grey says, " Dozens of Ti B lasers are available in stock. Thanks". http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/gb-1st-pl-e-pro-lasers-pl-e-2-0-3-0-clearance-may-2013-a-82017-9.html perhaps, Grey could cherry pick an artifact free TiB for him and send it over with your next shipment which is easy enough to do --gamefreak3333 could then exchange his for that one with you.
It is worth asking Grey if it bothers the guy that his has the problem he describes.

Last edited:
+I agree wih encap --up to a point.
One thing I CAN say is these are not rejects- returns or seconds
I am a little insulted by suggesting that.

While I am happy that your Ti-B AND those of some others
do not have these issues I can assure you that of all the Jls I have had a hand in selling (~100+) these two I have sent to Gamef. are the first returned ever for this reason.

And by that I am not implying that NO arifacts can be seen as you run from one focus extreme to the other- but I am saying apparently issues like this were either not noticed or not important to be mentioned.

I hope you realize that these spots are NOT there all the time- ONLY at certain points in the focus- I have check 6 lasers tonite some JL and other not. And at some point during the focus I see a faint spot or two show then disappear when the focus is moved very little.

AFAIK JL is the only MAKER of titanium lasers and thus there are no others to compare these two with. The insides of the lens cavity is also titanium- a shiny metal- prone to make reflections that we may not seen in lasers with a black lens cavity.

Perfection is an arbitrary term and if so inclined I imagine a person could find some fault with every laser. At the moment, TBH, I am not wanting to send another- A full refund has been offered including all shipping. I have this 'defective' laser already sold as well as the first one he returned- both were sold with the buyers full knowing of the 'issues' one has received his and while he can see the spots they apparently are not that bothersome to him.

If these spots were there all the time or caused a drop in power I would be not objecting to this in any way.

When I inspect new arrivals I generally do NOT check for these at every point along the focus range. I do look closely when the focus is best . but in all the reviews i have read at LPF the only time artifacts seem to be mentioned are when the laser is sharply focused or in a fixed focus laser.
I can make these spots disappear with a minor turning of the focus ring. .

Do I like them?

of course not.

did I cause them? hardly --
they are inside and these are glued closed and opening would be almost impossible by us.

I imagine that , being a DPSS laser the IR pump and doubling crystals could make these kinds of laser more likely to have artifacts. While i DO own quite a few lasers i do not consider myself to be an expert in such things.

I do, however think that if most members checked out several of their lasers (especially DPSS) they may find IF you look close enough - some kind of 'imperfection' can be found.

-- The titanium host looks perfect- but with a lupe you may see 'flaws' and with a microscope it may appear VERY flawed so where do you draw the 'line' ??. My personal Ti -B has these which I never noticed until now- while i certainly do not like them .. they are not bothering me. Even the most expensive cut diamonds have flaws.

At this time we feel a full refund would be the best solution.

hk

Last edited:

IsaacT

Just about every green laser I have ever owned has had some minor imperfections in the dot. It is just a part of life. Getting the crystals lined up perfectly is a very difficult process and to get it to where there are NO artifacts would very difficult IMO.

I for one almost exclusively use my green lasers for star pointing however, so things like artifacts or mode hopping which are common problems do not bother me because I cannot tell.

If the OP still is not satisfied with his replacement laser I would imagine Hakzaw1's offer of a full refund including shipping will be your golden ticket. These are great lasers and there are people who will want them, but sending replacements back and forth is just going to be cost ineffective and stressful for all parties.

@OP: if you still very much want a Ti-B laser with an absolute clean dot, I would recommend putting up a thread in the B/S/T section. Just because many lasers have those artifacts doesn't mean all of them will. It is possible that someone has one they would be willing to sell you which has a VERY clean dot.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps
-Isaac

The only dpss ive had that didnt have any artifacts was the LaserGlow Herc. You have to realize that these are high quality hobbiests lasers and not multigrand lab spec lasers. Though the beam may not be 100% perfect at all focus spots its still far superior to 99 % of anything out there. My Ti B was returned and I purchased it knowing the defects. They are only visble at two points during the focusing path. I leave it at infinity all the time. No artifacts and a crisp thin beam of excellence. Oh and the LG was non focusable.

Last edited:
@Epic
The first one Game F returned is the one Speedy now has and i did not really have to lower the price al that much- the one I have offered to buy back AND throw in a free waterproof 532 laser is ALREADY sold if & when it comes back.
It you want one one the last Ti-Bs I am about to put a set of three up at the same time. all are LABELED at 100mW 532nm.

Two have NO spots or artifacts they can been seen by me. ONE has two
tiny ones that show only at one very short time each in just three of the many rotations of the focus- I will post pics of what you will see. If you dont watch real close you may not see them.

Only one is branded -- so you can have whatever you like etched in the other two.

all three are NOS!!
NOT used or returned or preowned or demos.- all have the 6 month JL warranty- all are first generation Ti-Bs
each will come with one (only) fully charged 14500 Li -ion battery no charger or other batteries are available..

shipping free to CONUS. USPS- (the reason you cannot get a second battery)

Once the pics and metering info is posted you may PM me with your offers- no reply means no thanks-

If Gamefreak wants one of these three he can return all i sent him and i will send him his choice of these. ..

.. JL will not accept for refund or replace any laser that has been damaged- altered in any way of show signs of an attempted customer repair.

All offers and sales/discounts ETC are subject to stock available and may be ended at any time.

TY Corey for allowing me to post in your thread I look forward to working with you to find a laser you will like. len

@Epic
The first one Game F returned is the one Speedy now has and i did not really have to lower the price al that much- the one I have offered to buy back AND throw in a free waterproof 532 laser is ALREADY sold if & when it comes back.
It you want one one the last Ti-Bs I am about to put a set of three up at the same time. all are LABELED at 100mW 532nm.

Two have NO spots or artifacts they can been seen by me. ONE has two
tiny ones that show only at one very short time each in just three of the many rotations of the focus- I will post pics of what you will see. If you dont watch real close you may not see them.

Only one is branded -- so you can have whatever you like etched in the other two.

all three are NOS!!
NOT used or returned or preowned or demos.- all have the 6 month JL warranty- all are first generation Ti-Bs
each will come with one (only) fully charged 14500 Li -ion battery no charger or other batteries are available..

shipping free to CONUS. USPS- (the reason you cannot get a second battery)

Once the pics and metering info is posted you may PM me with your offers- no reply means no thanks-

If Gamefreak wants one of these three he can return all i sent him and i will send him his choice of these. ..

.. JL will not accept for refund or replace any laser that has been damaged- altered in any way of show signs of an attempted customer repair.

All offers and sales/discounts ETC are subject to stock available and may be ended at any time.

TY Corey for allowing me to post in your thread I look forward to working with you to find a laser you will like. len

All of that is fine and dandy ,but the crucial part is $$
Since I already own a 532nm myself , I don't really plan to bust my piggy again ...
So... How much?

I ma thinking since JL wants to clear the inventory you could just pay JL with bank transfer or western union and get a good deal direct- Gray has a dozen or so still there and IF you requesta 100mW it WILL be cheaper than a 150mW and ther is NOT difference in ANY way in brightness NONE- nada- the two side by side are EQUALLY bright- only with a LPM would ANYONE nknow its NOT a 150- I can swap my 100 mW for a 150mW anytime I want but there is NO POINT in me doing this- I will keep mine as its a fav even at 100mW ( actually its more like 120mW ) and the 150s are not typicall much over spec so even the numbeers say they are the same. PM g Gray and ask for details he wants to selll you one- ALL others outside USA and canada need to do same- pay JL get direct ship- quick and same or better deal -- JL is losing $$ on these big time and I bet they dont want any around to remind them that the cost of the host killed off any possible profits. The JL mistake is good for the buyters.

Just sent you an Email Hak just wanted to post in the forum to tell everyone how helpful and understanding you have been.

I only fear someone reads my review and thinks negatively on the predicament.

I will shoot gray a message later tonight, after hearing about how your back was bothering you, I guess I decided mine should hurt too, spent most of yesterday being thrown around the river on a inflatable tube at times id skip on the water for a solid 4-5sec. So long story short my entire body is achy and its time to sink into a Jacuzzi and sip on some fine whiskey :drunk:

best wishes for feeling better- my back attacked me last week- I am much btter now and the tests and xrays ruled out more serious possibilities-

see posts # 247 & 247

here
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/g...learance-may-2013-a-82017-10.html#post1219917

its the three Ti-bs being offered on closeout- taking offers for now-

if i don't get back to you please understand my very busy schedule and l ALSO your offer may not require a response(hint hint)