Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Throwing some light to the Rayfoss torches.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

I was a little upset about a few things regarding this laser. Since I made the review I'm constantly being asked about it by many members, and I wanted to make sure I was not pointing everyone in the wrong direction. Here's a copy of the emails I've had with them.

Hello there Faona, how are you doing?

Since I wrote my review I'm daily redirecting users to you, I imagine you already noticed the selling improvement. However, lately there are some points about which I'm worried, I'm telling the users on the forum to buy this product from you because I believe it's the best advise I can give them and I need to know directly from you about this.

First, when I bought the laser (200mW focusable torch) I used the item ID on your website, expecting to get the laser with the LED and safety pin. However I got no LED and no safety pin but a key switch. I noticed you about it and you told me that you were going to change the images on your website. You have not changed them and furthermore, I now see that there are 2 products with the same item ID. This is leading to confusion constantly on the forums, and I don't know what to answer. You told someone that you sometimes didn't put the LED because it annoys some users, making it look like if it was always the same product which you manufacture and modify. You also told me that you could adjust the lens in order to get better divergence, and you even claim that you installed an IR filter on a laser today. This user told me that you said him the crystals on his unit were in "super state". And finally, everyone who got the LED on it complains about horrible divergence.

I've also seen O-like used to sell this same laser so...

At this point my questions are:

1.-Are you manufacturing this lasers or just reselling them?
2.-Are there 2 models of lasers or it's the same one which you really make according to the customer desires?
3.-Why is the same item ID used in 2 different pages? (RF532-200mW-FLX)
4.-Why I've already heard of so many people complaining about divergences close to 2mRad?

I'm going to test this last laser you sent to David, so I would like to hear the truth about it, 210mW after IR filter doesn't seem possible...

Yours,
Albert

Hello Albert, Good Day!

Hope everything is going on well around you...I am ok...Thank you!

First of all, Thanks for our reviews on our product and the business you brought!!!

Regard your worries and suggestions:
1. Sorry this is my personally overlook!! Since most of user like key-version so I arranged it per routine...This is my mistake! I got your comments on this months ago and I added the same type with key options but seemed it is not so clearly on statement and used the same part number confused some visitors...Sorry! This time I have amended the partnumber and add the new clearly pinctures:
Rayfoss
Rayfoss

-P means Pin version
-K means key vrsion.
Any comments please kindly advise in return!

2.LED indicator
From this moment I would ask engineer to built LED for each unit if user felt it annoy they can find a sticker to cover it. With LED is standard.

3.Divergence
Yes, I received 2 complains on the divergence recently.The reason is mainly caused by the crystal...diffirent cystal batch has the different performance...We have took actions on it ...You could verify this from David's unit.

4.Yes, we are manufacture based seller. We have manufacture line and engineer back up.This hosts is a public tooling in China no patent protections. As long as you could build stock on the hosts the metal hosts manufacture will process for you.Not only o-like ,we found lots of other seller also market this type extensively this moment.

6.Same ID RF532-200mW-FLX issue. Have amended,please refer point 1 of this email. Thanks!

7. 210mw IR filtered power output
Yes, this is true our test condition is
Power meter: Type TPM-1
Wavelengh:532nm
IR lens installed: Coated 808nm Filter lens.
Power supply:1pcs 18650 battery full charged
Duration: 30 seconds.
Power output without IR: Reached 245mw at peak
Power output after IR: 210mw stable.

I dont believe the power out also at first and I double checked with engineer he told me the crystal is in its super-well status he used on this torch.So the performance is far beyond the common.But not every torch or each time such crystal can be met it's need some luck. Anyway, I have shipped the item out to David yesterday. Welcome you to test it and any results please share with us...Thank you!

Any further comments welcome to advise us in return! Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Rayfoss--home
Faona

Hello Faona

I'm doing well.

1.-Okay, much better now

2.-Sounds ok, but my unit doesn't got LED neither a hole covered by the sticker!

3.-Okay, since I'm going to check Davids unit and Patron unit is also going to be replaced I'll be happy to see an improvement

4.-I guess it's a a coincidence that both stickers and the box are also exactly the same then?

Thanks for answering my questions so fast!

Yours,
Albert

Hello Albert,

Thanks for your reply!
Thanks for your information on the coincidence we never think things will spread so fast which has out our image maybe this is the true face of business competition. Need efforts always to update products...Thanks!

Any comments please feel free let us know!

Best regards,
Rayfoss--home
Faona

Hello Faona.

There's something I don't understand. You stated that it's always the same host that you use for building the laser but that you sometimes just cover the led hole with a sticker because the customers usually don't want it. Then why does my unit miss this hole?

Thanks for the offer. What does it consist in exactly?

On laserpointerforums we always stay up to date with everything, you know

Yours,
Albert

Hello Albert,

Yes,Thanks for the detailed question. Exactly the hosts has 2 versions one is left the hollow for LED the other is without the hollow since we ever found the LED is easy get problem due to the internal connection issue. Laster year customers reflected that for using some days it will not light and most of them dislike the LED design .So we processed a batch hosts without the hollow.This is why yours has not design with LED at that time.

Thanks for your understanding...Thank you!

Any comments please feel free let us know!

Best regards,
Rayfoss--home
Faona

I hope this helps. When we talk about David it's about the user Constantino. I told him to buy the laser and Faona told him she had installed an IR filter on it and that after the filter the power was 210mW. When I heard that I started to think about mailing them. I won't be able to test the exact power of his unit but sure I'll instruct him to test if there's really an IR filter or not. I'm sorry @rayfoss for don't believing them at first, but well, it just sounds too good to be true.

By the way, could someone explain me how the crystals she talks about can affect the divergence?

Faona will be reading this I guess, so if anyone has a question regarding all this, this is the place to ask ;)

Albert--thanks for taking the time to post all this--good job!!

D

Deleted member 8382

No problem. If that guy really gets a 210mW IR filtered green torch that peaks at 250mW for 150$ I would call it an epic win lol

Thanks SOOOO Much for asking her all these questions and getting down to business with her, I to feel she lied about a few thing to me (as I stated in your review thread) but I could be wrong. I do LOVE my Laser, and will be doing business with them again.

I am wondering about my divergence as-well, I don't understand the 2mRad stuff??? How do I measure this Hallu? I do know that the beam seems to get fatter when pointed at far objects, even at Lowest divergence, but I am not sure if this is normal as this is my first Laser and I have nothing to compare it to, so knowing how to measure this would be awesome :)

With this said I really do like Faona, she answered all my questions VERY fast and I was given very fast shipping and great service (Not to mention I LOVE this Laser :D )! I will be doing business with Rayfoss.com again, and am now saving for there 500mW! :)

Thanks for posting this!!!

EM

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

Always glad to help ;)

Use this site to calculate your divergence. You'll need goggles to take precise measurements. I usually take the measurement at the aperture and then at 10 meters ;)

Keep in mind that if you make a half millimeter mistake on the measurement at the aperture it will affect the calculation a lot, so try to be as precise as possible :)

pseudonomen137's JScript mRad Calculator

Great linkage to the
calculater--will come in handy for sure..HZ

Ok. Alvert for the useful information. I can not wait to get me.:D I can measure the divergence but not the power because I have no power meter.:cryyy:
Greetings.

Last edited:
I spotted these (or something similar) on DX about a year ago but was scared to take the plunge. I'm glad someone sprung for one, I REALLY like that laser, it would be a good counterpart to a new style dilda.

D

Deleted member 8382

Yep. See my collection: dilda, this laser and a GGW. 200mW trio :D