Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thread merging

ICU

How about 2 threads, one having pertinent info and one for venting n' amusement.

Just a thought.

delete-key1.jpg

How about cleaning out the thread every other day, with a summary of the last few pages/the status ("No Arctics confirmed delivery yet") as the first post in the new thread? Then the old one can be locked and scheduled for deletion?

On some forums, there is an auto-lock feature at a certain number of posts. On one forum I frequent, it auto locks threads after 2000 posts. I would vote for an auto-lock of threads after some set # of posts, which will turn over the conversation and break it up into smaller chunks that are easier to sort though.

Things

If everyone can agree there is nothing worth keeping in that thread, and want to start fresh, then I can either delete that thread, close it and make a new one or ?

daguin

If everyone can agree there is nothing worth keeping in that thread, and want to start fresh, then I can either delete that thread, close it and make a new one or ?

As I said, even if there was anything worth saving in the thread, it is virtually unrecoverable. The signal to noise ration in it is almost all noise. I vote "delete."

People have the impression that thread is the way we do things here (which it most certainly is not). If people were posting the kind of drivel REPEATEDLY in anywhere else in the forum, we would be all over them about slowing down and making their posts contain some value.

Peace,
dave

Things

Only problem is, once we tear it down, where does all the babble about this laser go then?

I don't mind if you delete the Thread... but people are
frustrated and they are venting... Makes no difference to
me... They seem to be on the same Thread away from the
useful Threads... Maybe move it over to 445nm Venting Other...:whistle::eg:

Jerry

daguin

Only problem is, once we tear it down, where does all the babble about this laser go then?

Into a WL Arctic "babble" thread? ;)

Earlier, you suggested a "chatter" thread along with "Technical" thread. it may fill with falderall quickly as well, but we can wipe it out once the lasers either begin shipping or WL gives up.

Peace,
dave

Things

Alright, deleted the old one and started new. Maybe we can just monitor this one and delete any off topic posts, or repeats of chat logs. Much easier than doing that for 100 pages :p

Things

OK, I decided to just close it and unsticky it. That way it'll just fall down and get burried under other threads, but it won't effect anyones post counts, or if they had some useful info in that thread :p